Team Lead Data Engineer
Adjust is the mobile marketing analytics platform trusted by growth-driven marketers around the world, with solutions for measuring and optimizing campaigns and protecting user data. Adjust powers thousands of apps with built-in intelligence and automation, backed by responsive global customer support.
In 2021, Adjust was acquired by AppLovin, a leading marketing software company providing developers with a powerful, integrated set of solutions to grow their mobile apps.
As Team Lead Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the team which ensures the rapid ingestion of data into our retargeting platform, called Audience Builder. This is Adjust’s own segmentation tool which allows our clients to build detailed audience segments for their marketing campaigns, by using the data we track for their apps. The Audience Builder Team helps us to scale from tens of TBs into multiple PBs of data, while ensuring maintainable and performant code.
- Coach, grow and develop the Audience Builder Team, made up of Data Engineers and Software Developers working with Scala and Elixir
- Design, review, and ensure scalability to hundreds of thousands of events ingested per second
- Implement, test, and document components to ingest data, to support new features
- Provide escalation support for the data ingestion portion of the platform
- Closely collaborate with our product team to integrate external providers/partners in the platform, as well as with our operations team to develop maintenance and operational procedures and escalation paths
What you bring:
- Proven experience managing engineering teams (min. 1-2 years)
- Experience in developing a distributed environment managing large amounts of data
- Knowledge of any functional programming languages (pref Scala, Elixir..)
- PostgreSQL experience is a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Curious to learn new technologies (e.g. Elixir)
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Team player with empathy and good leadership skills
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to make an impact on the ad-tech industry working for a forward-thinking leader in the space
- International, diverse teams with a strong focus on transparency, feedback and fun
- Education budget for ongoing professional development & continuous learning
- A three-week onboarding program like no other, where you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of our product (remotely and after the pandemic again onsite in our Berlin HQ)
- Flexible, family-friendly work schedule and vacation policy
- Childcare program, paid parental leave
- Free language classes
- Additional private health insurance
- Company Pension Plan with 40% employer contribution
- Discounted Gym Membership with Urban Sport
- Mental health support with qualified therapists
- WFH program with remote online events (workouts, coffee chats, team events, games, etc.)
- Relocation and visa assistance
More details about our company culture and perks can be found on our career page, or have a sneak peek of our office in Berlin.
Interested? Let’s Talk!