Engineering Manager – Web Applications (m/f/d)
As one of Berlin’s fastest growing SaaS scaleups, Vimcar is redefining business mobility. By combining live car data and a set of cloud-based applications, we offer real-time insight into vehicle activity to help our customers reduce the operational costs for their fleets.
By serving SMB’s to large enterprises in DACH and the UK, Vimcar already has 100,000+ connected cars. Headquartered in Berlin, more than 200 employees from 28+ countries are working towards our mission to build Europe’s leading fleet tech company.
Important information regarding COVID-19: the safety of our employees is very important to us. Therefore, you can expect the application process, as well as the start of your employment with us to be remote until further notice.
Fleet Admin is one of our flagship products. It takes all of the admin tasks, that fleet managers are responsible for and turn them into a seamless, smooth and fun to use digital experience. The vision of the product is to become a single point of truth for fleet managers and enable them to do smarter and more data-driven decisions. This product is developed by a small cross-functional team of software engineers, and we’re looking for a leader of this team. As our Engineering Manager:
- You are autonomous; we won’t tell you how to do your job. There are areas that we’d like for you to take care of, and outcomes that we want to achieve. However, how to achieve this will be up to you, and you’ll be empowered to work as you see fit.
- You are focused on people leadership, making sure that the team is happy, motivated, productive and you help them grow.
- You are an enabler: whenever you spot obstacles for the team, you try to clear them. You are the supporter and the backbone of the team.
- Together with the team drive and embrace impactful technical decisions. You balance engineering and product priorities and help establish a product roadmap.
- You closely collaborate with a dedicated product manager and other members of our product team. Along with your team, you challenge product requirements and ensure that you’re creating solutions that will add real value to the customers
- You are a hands-on software engineer. When you’ll have the capacity to do so, you’re not shying away from rolling up your sleeves and code. The team is cross-functional, so you’ll be able to contribute as a front-end or back-end engineer.
THE TECH STACK
- Back-end: Python, Flask, aiohttp, Celery
- Databases: PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Cloud: AWS, ECS, Docker, Jenkins
- You’ve already been responsible for leading, coaching and mentoring a team of software developers.
- You’re a servant leader, who empowers the team and makes sure that they have everything they need, to do at their best
- You’re to spot bottlenecks in the processes and proactively act on them.
- Product mindset; you’re always trying to figure out which solution brings the most value for users.
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer
- Business fluent in English, with excellent communication skills.
- Why should you join us? At Vimcar, you can take an established ScaleUp through an exciting growth period with significant VC backing.
- Develop a central part of the product that makes life easier for over 50,000 customers every day
- The opportunity to lead a very collaborative and supportive team, that gives space for ideas and values honest feedback
- Agile work environment with flat hierarchies, and strong product focus
- Quick, sustainable growth & secure funding
- Permanent full-time position with flexible work hours
- Personal learning budget to support your professional growth, as well as free in-house language courses
- Access to company carsharing, frequent company events, and a variety of other perks, including membership with Urban Sports Club
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you. Let us get to know you better, and let’s find out together if we’ll make a great match!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We’re happy to help!