Tech Lead – Data Engineering (all genders)
About the job
Doodle is the world’s leading scheduling platform, helping millions of people instantly set meetings with clients, colleagues, and teams. Tapping into the unique nature of smart scheduling, Doodle simplifies the planning of 1:1 and group meetings for busy professionals. As the world’s most trusted online scheduling platform, Doodle attracts more than 25 million visitors each month. Now’s your chance to join 100+ ambitious engineers, designers, product managers, marketers and salespeople on a mission to make great meetings happen. Doodle is headquartered in Zurich, with offices in Atlanta, Belgrade and Berlin.
To strengthen our Global team, based anywhere in our Doodle locations (Serbia, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, USA) we are searching for a:
Tech Lead – Data Engineering (all genders)
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Contribute and design the company data architecture according to the company technical strategy together with the team, with an eye on the maintenance and sustainability of the systems
- Develop and maintain tracking, data pipelines, data lake, data warehouse and data micro-services
- Provide technical support for other engineers in the team and collaborate strongly with the data analytics team, mentoring, coaching and helping individuals
- Liaise and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in the company to provide analytics, live-enrichment micro-services and integrations with external and internal data sources
- Coordinate with other teams on implementation plans and dependencies
- Drive the technical vision and technical data culture and infrastructure in the company, also towards a self-serve model
- Make data available across the company to achieve company goals, continuously aligning with the teams that depend on it
- strong grasp of database structure, design, query languages like SQL, large data sets, distributed systems, fundamentals of mathematics and statistics
- real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills
- experience in collecting business requirements by engaging with non-technical stakeholders and then scoping technical solutions based on these
- experience with agile processes and project management
- experience in a formal or informal capacity of mentoring and growing a team of engineers in a tech company is a plus
- 6+ years in the data sphere with experience ideally in some of: micro-services written in Python and/or Java with Spring Boot ideally on Kubernetes, database and data-lake systems like RedShift and Athena, queue systems like Kafka, orchestration tools like Airflow and data quality tools like Great Expectations
- Fluency in English
- Top talent deserves a competitive salary.
- We’re a team that cares about each other. We think we work best when we work together, so you’ll always feel included.
- Diversity is what makes us successful. We all have different strengths and push each other to try new things, innovate and deliver impactful results for the business.
- Your personal development matters and we mean it. As a Doodler, you get a yearly budget to use for anything that promotes your continuous learning (be it an industry conference, language classes, leadership training, or anything else), access to Udemy Platform and 12 learning days per year.
- Your well-being matters to us. Access thousands of beneficial meditation tools with your free Headspace account.
- Get together with the entire team of Doodlers (from all offices) to connect, bond, play games and unwind at the annual international retreat.
- Travel to (and spend time with other Doodlers) in some of our lovely offices worldwide.
- Take advantage of our ‘remote friendly’ policy (you’ll never be asked to return to the office)
- Enjoy complimentary Doodle Premium memberships for you, your friends and your family
At Doodle, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual trust and respect, where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to age, race, color, disability, religion, gender, and sexual orientation. Diversity and inclusion are of utmost importance to us. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work and our products will be. We want to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to apply!