Tech Lead Software Engineering (w/m/d)
👩🚀 YOUR MISSION
ROQ is looking for an experienced Tech Lead who can support in realizing our ambitious growth goals. In 2021 we have gathered seed funding of approx. 9 Mio. € and plan to invest heavily in building our product. We are building a technical platform to implement, launch and operate web applications. Our platform will contain all modules that are common among SaaS projects like authentication, authorization, in-app messages, search, etc.
As Tech Lead Software Engineering on our very young rocketship, you will be owning the delivery of either a customer project or a significant part of our platform.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end implementation with the clear goal of making each IT delivery a success story
- Lead distributed teams of (mostly senior) developers across different timezones
- Result-oriented and not afraid of making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Inspire your team members and make sure that the whole implementation is continuously aligned with the product owners
- Work while listening to team members, motivating them and helping them to grow
OUR TECH STACK
- React & React-Native
- Node.js (with Express and Nest.js)
- Typescript, GraphQL, Redux, Next.js, nx. dev
- PGSQL database (via TypeORM), ElasticSearch
- Event Bus based on RabbitMQ
- Google Cloud Platform
🧑🏻🚀 YOUR PROFILE
- Profound experience in software engineering and passion for hands-on coding, proven work experience (ideally in a leadership position)
- 4+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- A positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to learn, strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Well structured and organized, good communicator with excellent English skills
- Seeking the next level and hungry for continuous professional development
ROQ was founded in 2020 by Tim Niemeier and Fabian Wesner. Fabian used to be CTO at Project A and previously co-founded Spryker Systems, one of the leading commerce solutions in the market. Tim used to be CTO at Rocket Internet & held freelance CTO positions at startups & DAX companies.
ROQ is building a platform that enables customers to quickly realize, launch and scale their web applications. It provides ready-to-use functionality – such as user management, messaging with chats and video calls, booking, scheduling, or subscriptions – which can be reused and adapted in the context of the individual implementation. With ROQ, the team can focus on those parts which really make the difference for their particular business, accelerating time-to-market and reducing costs.
In 2021, ROQ received approx. 9m€ funding to accelerate its vision to the next level. The company is headquartered in the heart of Berlin with a full-remote team located all over the world. We are continuously on the lookout for new ROQstars in Tech, Product, DevOps, Project Management, Finance and HR.
👩🏼🚀 THERE ARE ROQSTARS IN ALL OF US
At ROQ, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
🏁 NEXT STEPS
Want to join the ride? Please apply through our career portal. Let’s ROQ! 🚀