Technical Lead – Game Studio // Softgames
SOFTGAMES is looking for a Technical Lead – Game Studio (f/m/x) to head a team of 25 Game Developers building Instant games for different platforms which entertain tens of millions of people every month.
In this role, you will collaborate with producers, game artists and other game developers to build the world\’s best HTML5 games. As a Technical Lead – Game Studio, you will act as a mentor to our passionate developers, manage and train them as well as identify and establish best practices. You will also ensure smooth communication between the Game Studio and the IT department and report directly to the CTO.
- You will provide technical leadership to the game teams.
- You will identify possible technical improvements within the projects and communicate them clearly to the project stakeholders.
- You will enable the games to grow in the future by fostering productive methodologies.
- You will ensure solid coding practices, technical briefs, code reviews and guarantee long term maintainability, scalability and quality.
- You have strong software design and architecture skills.
- You will lead technical design and ensure technical alignment across different platforms, Messenger and Mobile Games.
- You will identify trends in the gaming industry and adapt them quickly.
- Modern HTML5 Gaming- and Frontend frameworks
- Experience with Gaming Backends (e.g. Nakama, PlayFab)
- Familiar with build- and tool chains
- Experience with Project Management
- Test-driven development
- Experience in creating a game engine is a plus
- Besides the technical requirements, you possess outstanding communication skills and experience as a mentor or coach.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading teams
- You have a passion for games and discovering and solving new challenges.
- You possess fluent proficiency in German and English.
- You have a proven track record of released games and have demonstrated the ability to build top performing games from the beginning all the way through to production.
- You have experience running a live client/server game in a leading engineering position.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work in the heart of Berlin within a thriving company of ambitious, international and highly motivated professionals in the fast-evolving Instant Games business
- An exciting job where you can assume responsibility and develop professionally
- Flexible working-hours and flat company hierarchy
- Inspiring company breakfasts & team events
- Perks: fresh fruits, cold drinks, tea, coffee, discounted local transport ticket, food vouchers etc.