Technical Writer (m/f/x)
At Crate.io our mission is to empower people in every organization to make better decisions in real-time by harnessing the data generated through machinery and sensors. We have a unique capability in facilitating the ingestion and analysis of industrial scale machine data unlocking the bottlenecks associated with legacy technologies and helping companies to reduce risk and increase the efficiency of their operations.
CrateDB is an Industrial IoT database technology for enterprise manufacturing and industrial organisations needing to scale the use of machine data to enable advanced real-time analytics and insights. The market’s most advanced distributed SQL database, CrateDB’s technical architecture unlocks unlimited scale and speed, at a cost previously unachievable and is the only technology capable of simultaneously processing complex sensor/metadata in real time.
We are a deep-tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria), Berlin and San Francisco. Remote locations are possible.
- Work closely with Product Owner and Development Teams to successfully deliver documentation projects
- Independently write new documentation based on use cases, user stories, feature requirement and specifications
- Customize the documentation for product updates or product enhancements
- Proactively research product changes
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation
- Partner with other teams to understand and respond to customer documentation needs
- Write blog posts on a regular basis
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Writer or transferrable writing experience working closely with product and development teams
- Passion for technology and experience as a developer
- Ability to create high-quality documentation for engineers while adapting to changing priorities
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles
- Hands-on attitude and attention to detail
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written). German is a plus
- Valid work permit for Germany/Austria
Nice to have
- Deep knowledge in Github, Read The Docs, Sphinx, RST workflows
- Experience with databases and as a developer (in whatever stack)
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, React,…)
- Familiarity with Agile development
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.