Technical Writer (m/w/x) // commercetools
We are looking for an experienced technical writer who can distill the purpose, functionality and technical design of our cloud commerce platform into clear words and visuals. You will work closely with our Product Owners, Development Teams, Customer Support and Consultants to understand both the actual system behavior and the customer expectations and market terminology. As a result, you and your colleagues from Training, Documentation and Web Development deliver continuously maintained and attractive digital content offerings, not one-time document releases.
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE:
- Conceptualize, structure and create the end-user documentation of our product
- Work with streamlined feature development teams of Product Owners, Front- and Back-end Engineers and Designers to contribute to all aspects of a feature’s written artifacts, from UI text, to user guides, to API Reference documentation
- Work with customer-focused teams across the organization, including Product Management, Sales, Support and Customer Success to create documentation driven by user needs and real-world use cases
- Continuously expand and improve the platform API reference documentation in sync with our continuously deployed and improved product releases
- Support and enable developers to provide good initial product documentation for new functionality
- Create consistent example usage scenarios that ease the initial understanding of the functionality and its underlying concepts – based on these, crafting tutorials and other step-by-step material
THIS IS HOW WE WORK:
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience working with a modern documentation technology stack (Markdown, static site generators, Git and a docs-as-code approach)
- Familiarity with or previous experience working in an Agile, Continuous Delivery development environment
- Able to form complex technical concepts into clear and concise natural language
- Attention to detail and precision
- Proactive and social in reaching out to colleagues across the company, both face to face and remotely
- Own vision and creativity in selecting the right medium and form to convey the information most effectively
- Excellent English, both written and verbal.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you!