Web Applications Developer // SoftIron
At SoftIron, we are committed to building the world’s best Ceph appliance – HyperDrive. We designed HyperDrive from the ground up, to just do one thing, run Ceph. With unique ARM64 architecture, a custom Linux based OS and years of engineering, we’re helping service providers, research institutions and data hoarders across the globe migrate their legacy storage to Ceph and HyperDrive. SoftIron is a fast-growing, venture-backed company with offices in London, Silicon Valley, Berlin and Brno, Czech Republic.
SoftIron is looking for a Web Application Developer to join us in our new offices in Berlin. In this role, you will help create modern cloud-delivered applications. We are looking for an experienced developer looking to work on fun and innovative projects such as our online HyperDrive pricing and configuration platform. You will design, develop, and implement new features in addition to maintaining existing product versions, enable technical support, and resolve production defects within our web applications suite. We’ll expect you to be smart, collaborative, curious, and hardworking!
- Participate in the design of SoftIron’s suite of Web Applications including HTML5-based content, HD videos, product configuration tools, and TCO calculators
- Facilitate the ongoing integration and automation of numerous systems to enhance the user experience
- Design and enhance the back-end components which power users access to these tools
- Capture business-driven feature requests and convert them into actionable user stories to achieve organizational goals
- Scale and optimize the platform by implementing solutions to add resiliency, discourage intellectual property abuse, improve reporting, and optimize performance
- Collaborate with content authors to optimize the development process to apply continuous integration (CI) and delivery (CD) principles to course publishing
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience programming in Python
- 2+ years of experience programming in HTML5
- Demonstrated ability to create robust, elegant web applications from visual concepts, wireframes, and interactive product design session
- Experienced in object-oriented programming (OOP) practices
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with modern frontend libraries like React, and webpack
- Familiarity programming in a Linux environment
- Experience with container technologies
- Outstanding communication and documentation skills
SoftIron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
SoftIron does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SoftIron and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.