After our recent $34M Series A by Tiger Global, we are looking for you to scale Hive’s group accounting function:
- Collaboration and support of the German Accounting team during consolidation of monthly statements (HGB) as well as the ongoing development and improvement of documentation and internal processes
- Management of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Reviewing, recording and processing travel expense and credit card reports
- Support with the monthly closing tasks across the Group as well as analytical review and quality checks of the monthly closing packages
- Preparation of payment release and approval process
- Assisting with the preparation of invoice processing and payment run
- Participate in collaborations with tax advisors and auditors
- Work closely with multiple finance and non-finance functions in the company Leadership
- Collaborate on process improvements and execute projects, as part of the ongoing development and transformation of our department
We know that you can’t always tick every box. We’d still love to hear from you if you think you’d be a good fit
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or relevant working experience in accounting / bookkeeping
- Experience working in the area of debtor and/or creditor bookkeeping, German VAT is a plus
- You have been exposed to work with an ERP (experience with Datev is a plus) and tools as Spendesk, LucaNet, Excel or Google Sheets
- High level of curiosity and interest in learning more about finance & accounting
- You enjoy deep diving into complex financial topics as monthly closing preparation for multiple legal entities, calculation of accruals or intercompany transactions
- You are willing to go the extra mile to be part of a high-performing culture and bring financial insights to the table
- Be part of the Hive. You will work with a highly driven team of exceptional and experienced people in all domains. People at Hive have worked at organizations such as McKinsey, Amazon, Shopify, Google, Flink, Blackstone, J.P. Morgan & DHL before. We believe in a culture of trust, collaboration, empowerment and constructive feedback in a positive and inspiring work atmosphere
- Make an impact. Join a young company with an entrepreneurial culture operating at lightning speed — we want you to grow with us
- You will be valued. We offer attractive compensation, including virtual employee stock options for all full-time team members plus your choice of hardware according to your preference
- We support your wellbeing. Enjoy unlimited vacation days along with your own monthly wellness and productivity budget
- We will get you set up. Operating system and hardware of your choice, additional tech equipment that you need, screens, you name it — we want to enable you to do your best work
- There’s more! Enjoy flexible working hours, free drinks and snacks in our office in Berlin, Paris, Milan & Madrid and join regular team events such as off-sites and workcations.
We provide logistics made for tomorrow.
Better e-commerce operations — fast, transparent, and affordable.
Hive’s mission is to enable merchants to grow by democratizing access to great operations. Hive is the operational brain for D2C brands, taking on order fulfillment, shipping, returns, and more for a wide range of companies and product categories. We help enable fast-growing brands such as Ela Mo and Holy Energy to grow.
Backed by acclaimed global investors including Tiger Global, EarlyBird, Picus Capital, Amplifier, and Activant, we are rapidly expanding our pan-European network with our newly opened fulfillment centers and offices in Paris and Milan, with Madrid and London in the pipeline.
Hive is the operations partner of the future
We question the conventional way of doing things and aim to push boundaries in all areas. Hive focuses on changing the way e-commerce fulfillment is done and strives to become the #1 end-to-end operations partner for e-commerce brands globally. We do this by giving them access to fast, flexible, and smooth operations and by creating a top-notch customer experience. By changing the status quo, we also rethink the impact of e-commerce operations on our environment. As a result, we aim to build carbon-neutral fulfillment operations and aim towards creating sustainable solutions in the logistics field.
At Hive, we believe fostering diversity in every team makes us a stronger company overall. We do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability, and encourage applications from all backgrounds. We strive to create an inclusive workplace where everyone feels encouraged to be their true self and to grow professionally.