Accountant // i-surance
When you consider insurances complex, boring and old-fashioned, then i-surance is the right place for you to change the image of this industry. And if you rather look for warmly connected teammates than colleagues and enjoy a diverse, multi-cultural team, then i-surance is the right company for you.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant, who assists in managing the day-to-day financial activities in close collaboration with our Head of Accounting and various functions across our offices.
The ideal candidate is a smart and social person who enjoys working with numbers, loves to drive for improvements in our internal practices and communicates well with our various functions and external partners. You should enjoy working in a diverse, multi-cultural team and speak 2-3 languages fluently. A keen sense of ownership, curiosity and willingness to learn every day are the ingredients for your successful career and rapid professional development with i-surance at any of our locations in Berlin, Barcelona, Zurich or Paris.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things:
- Regular invoicing and handling of dunning for our customers and insurance partners using our IT-tool (accounts receivables cycle)
- Handling of billing and payment to our distribution and insurance partners using our IT-tool
- Optimization and further development of the billing and accounting module using our IT-tool in close collaboration with our IT Team
- Reconciliation of bank accounts with our operational systems (IT-tool and CANDIS)
- Handling of all day-to-day accounting operations in collaboration with our offices in Barcelona and Zurich
- Collaboration with our Head of Accounting and external tax advisors in preparing annual statements
- Assistance with the development of a growing international F&A team
- Enjoying our excellent Swiss chocolate
Desired skills and experiences
- Qualified accountant (or similar profession)
- 2-3 years relevant work experience in an accounting department, preferably in the insurance sector
- Strong analytical mind with an affinity for numbers, IT and financial data
- Self-starter, driven to excel in a dynamic and truly entrepreneurial set-up
- Curious to continuously learn and explore new approaches
- Excellent language capabilities in English, other languages (DE, FR, SP…) are a plus
Why join us
i-surance is a B2B2C insurtech company like no other. Due to the exponential success of our modern and disruptive business model, we now boast two operations offices in the start-up hubs of Berlin and Barcelona and a further two sales offices in the European finance capitals Zurich and Paris. Plus, in the near future we will be extending our sales offices to London, Amsterdam, Lisbon and Milan!
How did we do it? Innovation.
We’re disrupting the traditional insurance market two-fold. First and foremost: our offers are transparent and valuable to the clients of our distribution partners. Secondly, we leverage emerging tech to serve our fast-paced digital world. Nobody wants antiquated and boring. Not me, not you, not your clients.
Our philosophy? Innovative, Simple, Digital.
Diverse companies are joining our vision every day. The big retailers of mobile phones, mobile operators, electronics, glasses, cyber security, etc. are amongst those making the switch – We’ve already earned the title of market leader in mobile, hearing aid and car tire insurances in several countries! What’s more, we serve 2M end users in 15 European countries, manage an insurance premium volume of around € 40M and aim to grow beyond € 500M in the next 5-7 years. There are no limits to our ambition!
Our triumph is a team effort, and that continues to be our crucial secret to success.
Despite our incredible growth trajectory and boasting an ever-expanding team of >70 awesome talents from all over the world (28 different nationalities), we’ve kept our youthful start-up soul. As all entrepreneurs and modern start-ups know, a great office culture fosters great results. This means warmly connected team mates rather than colleagues. It means team lunches, informal parties and trips to sunny islands. It means the occasional inflatable unicorn in the office. It means we’re tuned in to how people really want to work; in a flexible environment that nurtures creativity and innovative thinking where our fellow humans are friends, not numbers.