Accounting Manager/Director (m/w/d)
At Caresyntax®, we believe in the power of data-enabled technologies to reduce surgical complications and improve outcomes. Our integrated applications empower surgeons and hospitals with data visibility, learning, and automation tools to address surgery’s most acute problems. Headquartered in Berlin and Boston, it is our mission to make surgery smarter, safer, and ultimately simpler with technology. Visit our website @ www.caresyntax.com to learn more.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our growing finance team. The Accounting Director position in Berlin oversees an accountant and reports into the US-based finance team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of GAAP accounting and be a power-user of the Datev accounting system. Since Caresyntax is a multinational company doing business through both our parent US corporation and our Berlin-based GmbH, this position requires top notch communication skills and the ability to work cross-border with colleagues both in the US and across Europe.
Your work scope
- Oversight and responsibility for all accounting operations of caresyntax GmbH including Billing, Receivables, Payables, General Ledger, month-end close, etc.
- Overall ownership of the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process to ensure timely and accurate issuance of financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting, as necessary.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance, interacting with outside accounting firms, as necessary.
- Develop and define internal control policies and procedures including travel, learning, general expense, etc. ensuring they are scalable, measurable, and compliant.
- Oversee and monitor the company’s transaction processing systems; process and report cash balances, cash forecasts, travel costs and credit card statements on a timely and regular basis
- Implement and maintain processes to ensure accounting policies and procedures are compliant with GAAP and internal controls.
- Act as primary point person for landlord negotiations, payroll issues, and standard legal counsel relationships
- Support and drive internal governance and compliance with corporate expense policies
- Develop and track department-level budgets interacting with all facets of our European operations
- Prepare timely report packages to investors, debt holders and regulators
- Aid in identifying new finance and accounting systems to automate processes and ensure operational best practices.
- Support governance pertaining to shareholder and supervisory board processes
- Support FP&A and capital markets efforts working closely with investment teams
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, legislation and best practices
- 5+ years accounting and finance experience in a Senior Accounting position at a start-up or high-growth company.
- Strong knowledge of German accounting standards. Public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience in US – GAAP or IFRS a plus
- Native German and fluent English speaking a must
- Good understanding of contracting and audit
- Digital Healthcare company experience a plus.
- Warm-hearted, flexible, and solution-oriented culture with open feedback culture
- Flexible working times, including part-time models, tandem positions, trust-based working times (where applicable)
- Room to introduce and implement creative ideas and develop your talents with technical training and individualised continued education
- Health benefits, such as eye tests, qi gong – we’re open for your ideas!
- Professional and intellectual knowledge exchange with highly-talented and ambitious colleagues from all over the world
Could this be you? Would you like to work in a highly innovative and visionary environment, where technologies are developed that help to improve and save lives? Worldwide.
Then please get in touch with us to discuss your career opportunities at caresyntax.
Our HR team takes your application and answers your questions under email@example.com.
Would you like to know more about caresyntax? Find us on Xing, LinkedIn, Facebook and our company website, and join our digital health community!