Accounting Manager // MedBelle
My name is Sebastian and I am the Head of Finance here at Medbelle, where it is our mission to build the first digital hospital.
First of all, let me tell you what Medbelle is all about.
As you know, the healthcare system as we know it can often be inefficient, disorganised and overstretched. Its complicated administrative processes contribute largely to its struggle to keep up with rapidly advancing technology, resulting in bad experiences for both patients and healthcare professionals alike.
As the first digital hospital, we are rebuilding the healthcare experience from scratch. This is what allows us to provide patients with an outstanding level of care that we would love to experience ourselves.
Backed by renowned international investors, we are helping an ever-growing number of patients receive the highest quality of medical procedures the UK has to offer. To help us maintain this level of care, we need to expand our Finance department with highly motivated and passionate people who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
In our team, we are continuously working on the improvement of our financial processes. Currently, it is our goal to acclaim the level of professionalization as we plan to move a few of the currently outsourced accounting processes in-house and set up a new accounting system for our group level accounting. For the implementation and ongoing management of this, we look for an experienced accounting manager who shares our motivation to constantly improve ourselves. The right candidate should have a well-structured and self-reliant personality being capable of understanding complex accounting problems. Most importantly though, this person needs to be trustworthy as well as open and friendly towards the team and all external stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Set up our new accounting system for the German entity and reconcile the accounts on a regular basis
- Manage accounts payables and accounts receivables
- Coordinate all tax-related matters together with our external tax advisor
- Manage the intercompany transfer pricing process between the group entities
- Prepare the monthly investor reporting and the financial statements according to HGB for the respective legal entities and the group level
- Coordinate the group budgeting process with all departments and the management team
- All tasks need to be performed in close coordination with our other departments which allows for direct insights into and interaction with our operational business
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of professional experience in Accounting
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or vocational training with proven accounting work experience
- High proficiency in current accounting softwares (Agenda, Datev, Sage etc.)
- Skilled in MS Office, especially Excel
- Excellent English and German language skills
What the crew is like and why I love working here:
Our Medbelle family is a small and truly international team (75%+ internationals). We pride ourselves on our company culture that’s focused on building a great service with a professional emphasis on numbers and growth.
As a typical Berlin startup, we, of course, have the usual fun stuff: free coffee & British tea, fruits, pancake Tuesdays, an amazing Villa in Kreuzberg, Friday memes and team events we probably shouldn’t talk about here. But what I love most about working for Medbelle is the honest desire to help improve the experiences of our patients – that’s what keeps us motivated and driven.
We move quickly. If you are a great match, we can cover the initial phone interviews, an on-site interview with me and a chat with the founders all within two weeks. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sebastian (Head of Finance)