Klang is a Berlin-based game studio whose mission is to create deep and meaningful online experiences that bring people together.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale virtual world that will provide immersive social experiences through gaming.
Caring, Harmony and Innovation are at the core of SEED as well as our core values as a company. We want to continue building a nurturing and collaborative environment for our employees with an evolving structure that adapts as we grow.
As part of our Finance Team, you will be the main point of contact to our internal and external financial stakeholders. In this role you will get exposure to all aspects of Finance work at a technology startup. You will get freedom to continuously improve and maintain our internal financial tools and processes as a well-oiled machine. You will actively participate in budget planning, FP&A work and controlling. You will be the right hand of our Head of Finance and provide them support with fundraising, due diligence, international expansion and corporate legal topics. Would you like to help us enable our teams to do great work through excellence and efficiency? Then we’d love to hear from you!
What You Will Do
- Ensure a smooth, compliant and efficient AP/AR and payroll process end-to-end.
- Actively liaise with our external accountants and tax advisors, deliver month-end and annual closings, and prepare regular reports for investors and management.
- Work closely with HR, IT, Workplace, Recruiting (payroll, hiring tracking, policies, benefits, post- COVID workplace planning), and participate in shared projects from the Finance side.
- Make Finance come to life: drive excellence in departmental and project cost reporting, work closely with leaders at Klang on tracking and managing their targets.
- Maintain our policy framework and keep it up-to-date, write new policies as we grow.
- Support our Head of Finance with exciting project work (eg. fundraising, international expansion, corporate legal topics).
- As Klang grows, you will have the opportunity to specialize and develop into a Controller, an Analyst, a Revenue Manager, an Accounting and Tax Expert or even lead your own team later.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English. A good command in German is absolutely necessary to be successful in this role
- You have 2-4 years experience as an Accountant or as a (Junior) Finance Manager. Big 4 audit, tax or tech startup experience is a big plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent background. We consider candidates without a university degree as well if they bring the necessary experience
- You have good IT literacy (Google Suite – especially Docs, Sheets, Slides – you can work collaboratively), and learn new tools fast.
- You’re besties with Excel and can build and research formulas independently, you have some experience with financial modeling.
- Your slides are neat and on point and you know how to present your work to different audiences.
- You know your way around accounting softwares such as DATEV, you understand digital accounting workflows across different tools (eg. Spendesk, Moss, Travelperk and other similar tools) and you have fun while making them sing in harmony
- You have a flexible, open personality, and you are a strong team player
- You are good with people and can successfully enforce deadlines and policies with a smooth touch
- You are resourceful and don’t shy away from finding your own solutions to problems
- You are detail oriented and take pride in your work product
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project, building the MMO of the future with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours) and options for international remote work
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
- State-of-the-art work hardware and a company phone
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.