Financial Controller // Goodpatch
In preparation of the upcoming IPO we are looking for an experienced Financial Controller as sparring partner for Management and Audit team.
In a perfect Goodpatch world you oversee and drive all finance and accounting operations. You are the critical link between the business side and all other internal and external stakeholders. In cooperation with our headquarter in Tokyo you will have the chance to build and shape the financial and controlling department at Goodpatch Europe. As a valued member of the Goodpatch family you are preparing the Goodpatch Group for a successful IPO.
Once you are here you will
- Participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans
- Prepare and ensure smooth accounting operations in close cooperation with our external accounting office and tax adviser
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Organise forecasting and budgeting process
- Provide management with reports and data driven analysis findings
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors in very close cooperation with our Tokyo headquarter
- Accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash flow management
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Setup, maintain and strengthen internal controls
What you offer
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in an international company setting
- In depth understanding of German GAAP and IFRS standards
- Strong knowledge in MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, PowerBI) and DATEV
- You are fluent in both English and German
- Japanese language skills are a plus
- You are ready to go the extra mile
- Highly analytical skills
- Strong communication
- Proven ability to work well across an international organisation
- Hands-on mentality
What we offer
- A bright, spacious and cozy office space in the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg and additional Budgets for Conferences, Training, Books, Gadgets, Public Transportation and Fitness.
- Monthly team dinners in Berlin and a lively and inspiring office culture with weekly team breakfasts.
- MacBook and flex hours.
- Opportunity to travel to Japan and work together with our colleagues at Goodpatch Tokyo.
- Working with a fun, talented and international team that aims to create a caring and inclusive workplace.
Who we are
Goodpatch is a global design firm with a 160-person team across studios in Tokyo, Berlin, and Munich. We help businesses to design and develop digital services, create our own products and collaborate in ventures. Some of our past and current clients include Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance, Deutsche Börse, Emmy, Mimi Hearing, Zenjob, R+V, and many more.
If you are available any time soon and are ready to “WOW” us, quickly brush up your CV and your motivation letter and preferably apply via the button below or drop Sandra an Email at sandra at goodpatch.com. Let us know, who you are and which of your personal strengths makes us want YOU.