Head of Legal (f/m/d)
Use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have. Join the HeyVolution!
We use machine-learning based matching technology to match people to the right jobs and jobs to the right people. With more than 2500 customers and over 220 team members, our vision is to become the largest talent platform in Europe – making exhausting and non-transparent job search a thing of the past.
🌱 Our offer to you
- An impactful role: You will be the center point of all things legal at HeyJobs including but not limited to civil law, data privacy (GDPR), employment law and corporate governance. In addition, negotiations with suppliers and customers are shaped by your proposals. Your thinking will shape how HeyJobs conducts its mission to transform the way people and jobs find one another.
- Reporting to the CFO, you are close to all key company decisions and a sparring partner to founders, senior management and the company as a whole.
- A welcoming company culture: Our values – Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive – are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
🎯 How you can contribute
- You will be in charge of handling legal related matters throughout all areas of law, but with external counsel available
- You will ensure compliance with all applicable German laws and regulations through the development and implementation of compliance processes and programs
- You will impact our corporate governance through shareholder resolutions and financing rounds
- You will be the point person to work with external counsel in the fields of corporate law, employment law, data privacy law and civil law
- Stakeholder management
😍 What you will love
- Be part of a high-growth startup with a proven track record and direct positive impact on society
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), LGBTQIA+ champion
- Secure Job: 2’500+ customers, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: 100% home office in the current situation, with the possibility of booking workplaces in the office; flexible working hours
- Perks & Benefits: weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, urban sports membership, employee stock options, a 1-month paid sabbatical (after 3 years) and much more
- Great Office: Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer – great lunch options and food markets close by
- High-quality equipment: Standing desk, MacBook of choice, Air-conditioned rooms, etc.
🤝 What you need to bring
- Strong qualification in German law (minimum first German state exam or comparable European qualification)
- 3+ years of work experience in a start-up and/or legal department of a tech company
- First experiences in dealing with data privacy, commercial, employment, and corporate law
- Fluent in German and English
- A big would be Plus: Experience in dealing with multiple jurisdictions in Europe
🕵️♀️ Want to know more about us?
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin\’s best tech employers! See for yourself: Top Tech Employer in Berlin, Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups.
Check out our blog, LinkedIn, or our tech blog to find out more about us.
At HeyJobs, we believe that diversity and inclusion is key to creating a culture that attracts the best talent and ultimately leads to achieving our vision. Fostering this starts with hiring — therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you. Quite the opposite, we hold this as one of our core values in #teamwork and are explicitly not hiring anyone who does not respect this.