Junior Finance Manager (f/m/d)
KLANG IS A WELL-FUNDED ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECTS IN A WAY THAT’S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
As Junior Finance Manager (f/m/d), you are the first point of contact to our internal and external financial stakeholders. In this role you can have a very fast growth trajectory and will get a fully-rounded introduction in all aspects of Finance work at a technology startup. You will maintain and continuously improve our internal financial processes as a well-oiled machine. Would you like to help us enable our teams to do great work through excellence and efficiency? Then we’d love to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Check invoices and expenses in our AP tool Spendesk for compliance, prepare them for payment
- Collect missing receipts and documents from employees and provide them first-level support in our internal helpdesk
- Actively liaise with our external accountant and tax advisor during month-end and annual closing, collect documents, and prepare input files
- Work closely with HR, IT, Studio Management (orders, inventory, payroll questions, benefits), and participate in shared projects from the Finance side
- Drive excellence in departmental and project cost reporting with thorough quality checks in our accounting and staying on top of the reporting process
- Maintain our policy framework and keep it up-to-date
- Be actively involved in topics such as cost controlling, budgeting, financial planning, and analysis and support our Head of Finance with ad-hoc reporting tasks
- As Klang grows, you will have the opportunity to develop into a controller, an analyst, a revenue manager or an accounting and tax expert
Who we think will be a great fit:
- You have 1-2 years experience as a Junior Accountant or a Working Student in a Finance team or did some internships at a Big 4 audit firm, consulting or something comparable. Startup experience would be desirable
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent background. We consider candidates without a university degree as well if they bring the necessary experience
- You have good IT literacy (Google Suite – especially Docs, Sheets, Slides – you can work collaboratively), and learn new tools fast. You’re good friends with Excel and can build and research formulas independently
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English. A good command in German is absolutely necessary to be successful in this role
- You have a flexible, open personality, and you are a strong team player
- You are motivated, have a positive can-do attitude, and can successfully enforce deadlines and policies by being persistent
- You are comfortable working in a self-sufficient way and don’t shy away from finding your own solutions to problems
- You are detail-oriented and take pride in your work product
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Our own cafeteria serving free lunches daily – once we are back at the office
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
- State-of-the-art work hardware and a company phone
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.