Junior Financial Controller (m/f/x) // Pepper.com
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips, and ideas, connecting members in 11 countries on 3 continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte / Brazil, Guadalajara / Mexico, London / United Kingdom, Lyon / France, and Mumbai / India and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz (Germany) and 11 more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
Do you want to make your first steps in a finance team and directly want to have a huge impact? Curious in analysing the financials? You are eager to use your theoretical knowledge from university as well as already earned finance skills in an internship in practice. Further the basic accounting rules are familiar to you and you are open for strategic project planning. As a Junior Financial Controller, you are the link between the BI and the Accounting departments in our international, dynamic and technology-oriented Group. You will work with our Accountants, Senior Financial Controller, Manager Group Accounting, Head of Finance and CFO.
Do you have an analytical mind-set? Do you have your major in Controlling or Accounting? Are you a goal-oriented and hands-on person? If yes, we look forward to getting to know you. You will help us keep our business at the highest level being fast, accurate and efficient!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Preparation of monthly management and shareholder reporting
- Finance Business Partner for the Business Intelligence Department
- Basically reconciliation of the BI data to the external accounting data and identification of errors in the evaluation of BI in consultation with the external affiliate networks
- Yearly group financial plannings, operating expenses and headcount forecasting as well as financial modelling of revenues from business models in close collaboration with the CFO
- Creation of ad-hoc analyses and financial models for the C-Level
- Comprehensive analysis of revenues, in particular the determination of the date of realisation based on the information in the affiliate networks of the business partners
- Control and documentation of the monthly actual data of the major group companies as well as target-actual analysis of balance sheet and income statement
- Participation in the preparation and audit of the monthly consolidated financial statements
- Participation in process implementations and improvements such as the automation of internal reporting
- Finance support for projects and other tasks, such as project planning for Latin American and other markets
The qualities we are looking for are:
- You studied business administration with a focus on controlling / finance / accounting
- Ideally first (industry-related) professional experience in a comparable position
- Strong analytical thinking
Some perks of working for Pepper.com:
- Flexible working hours
- Cozy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc…
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city centre easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the start up scene.
- Join the best Berlin employer in 2017! Read more about us here!
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter and a clearly arranged CV.