Management Accountant / Finanzbuchhalter (w/m/d) – Berlin // ZipJet
About the role
We are looking for a strong Management Accountant / Finanzbuchhalter (m/f/d) for our team in Berlin. You are driven by financial processes and accuracy and operational excellence? Your hearts beats in numbers, confidence and liability? Great, read on further to see what your role will include.
This is a unique opportunity offering both management accounting and commercial finance exposure in a fast growing, technology driven company.
- This exciting role offers a real opportunity to shape the future finance activities of Zipjet, with key responsibilities including:
- Preparation of consolidated management account reporting and analysis
- Support month and year-end close activities including calculation and processing of intercompany invoicing and recharges
- Responsible for key P&L items including revenue, intercompany recharges and accruals
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including but not limited to bank, credit cards, inter-company balances, control accounts, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets etc.
- Support on preparation of cashflow forecasts and funding activities
- Support the rolling budgeting and forecasting process, playing a central role in the monthly budgeting and annual planning processes
- Review payment runs in all countries (Germany, UK, France) Prepare external reporting packs including investor, board reporting and simple IFRS accounts
- Deliver ad-hoc financial analysis projects to support senior management in making strategic decisions (e.g. competitor analysis, markets, pricing and product)
- Liaise with outsource partners in the preparation of VAT and annual tax returns and reconciliations, with an option to bring in-house in the future
- Manage relationships with banking and other finance providers
- Continue to strengthen Financial Controls through reviewing end to end process review within the Finance function and supporting other departments
- Potential for role to develop to a finance business partner to the wider business, providing commercial finance and support the transformation to a data driven organization
- Reporting directly into the Head of Finance
Who you are
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Full or part time qualified (finalist) accountant (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA or equivalent)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and Office Suite
- Experience in operating accounting and finance software/systems
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Energetic with a passion and hunger to developing your accounting and finance skills
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to manage conflicting deadlines
- Reliable, conscientious and dedicated to complete the tasks in hand
- Consistently maintain a professional attitude due to the confidential nature of the work
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and improve finance processes and operations
- A team player with a can do attitude who is comfortable in implementing change
- Fluent in German and English languages (our business language is English)
- We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours
- You will have a real impact at a fast-growing startup, revolutionising the laundry delivery space across the globe
- You will within a highly motivated and inspirational team
- Healthy snacks, drinks and free laundry every month
Who we are
Zipjet is Europe’s leading on-demand laundry & dry cleaning service, operating in London, Paris and Berlin. We take the hassle of laundry off our customers’ hands, so they can spend more time doing the things they enjoy. To do this, we’ve created a cutting-edge, app-based service that allows our customers to have their laundry collected and delivered back to them in as little as 24 hours. Think of us as a remote control for your laundry pile!
Our service is available on mobile apps (iOS & Android) and via our website. We strive for operational excellence and build solutions to serve large numbers of customer in a highly reliable and autonomous manner.
We’re a young team of about 60 people across our three cities, with a great mix of previous professional experience. Our backgrounds are diverse, both culturally and professionally. One thing we all have in common, though, is that we are passionate about making Zipjet a success.
Are you ready to join our laundry family?
We are looking forward to receiving your application, incl. your ideal start date and salary expectations. And then we may be washing dirty laundry together soon.