Senior Accountant (m/f/d) // Sauce Labs
Sauce Labs provides the world’s largest cloud-based platform for the automated testing of web and mobile applications. Its award-winning service eliminates the time and expense of maintaining an in-house testing infrastructure, freeing development teams of any size to innovate and release better software, faster.
Sauce Labs is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting team in Berlin, Germany to further support the fast-paced growth of the organization. We are continuously working on improving the quality of our financial statements while applying the highest compliance standards.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller located in the U.S., responsibilities include preparing journal entries, monthly reconciliations and close management – specifically in the areas of cash, current assets, intangible assets, deferred revenue, accruals and intercompany.
Our ideal candidate has profound technical accounting knowledge, structured, highly self-motivated and works well as part of a team with a high level of responsibility. The individual will have demonstrated experience delivering in a timely fashion and with high quality. This role requires strong analytical and communication skills and a proven ability to work well across an international organization to ensure overall team goals are met.
This position will play a key role in defining and implementing the new accounting revenue, commissions and lease standards.
What would be your day with us? You will:
- Prepare monthly financial statements according to German GAAP (HGB) and assist in the preparation of the company’s group financial statements according to the US GAAP
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Process and reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements
- Post and reconcile general ledger accounts, provisions and accruals
- Create and record payroll journal entries utilizing 3rd party payroll processor information
- Manage, monitor and process the company’s AR/AP
- Review and reconcile inter-company accounts and generate cross charges as necessary
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Partner with German tax accountants on German GAAP and reconcile tax ledgers to US GAAP ledgers[u3]
- Assist with annual financial audits
- Lead special projects and other assigned tasks
What do you need to bring with you?
- Degree in Accounting / Finance or vocational training with proven work experience
- 3+ years of experience in accounting
- In-depth understanding of German GAAP (HGB) and IFRS
- Basic knowledge of US GAAP is a plus
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, ideally with the likes of Intacct and DATEV
- Experience with SaaS highly desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills in German & English
- Accuracy and attention to detail and an aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
- Catered lunch 3 days per week, fresh fruits and beverages all day long
- Own personal development budget so you will always stay sharp and alert in regards to any technical and non-technical topics that are important to your further professional development
- You will get public transport and sport activities benefits
- Yoga class is offered once a week
- You have the potential to participate once a week in a German language course for free
- A modern and convenient office space environment to boost your team’s success and creativity
- Your application will be reviewed and if your profile is matching, we will reach out to you in order to arrange an initial video screening.
- In depth video interview with the hiring manager
- Final interview round – get to know better the team and projects onsite/remotely. This way we are confident we will provide you with the means to make a conscious and informed decision about your further career development with Sauce.
Curious about our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your online application!