Senior Accountant // The D. GmbH
Founded in 2008, we are an award-winning software company specializing in artificial intelligence with offices in Berlin, Germany, and Cairo, Egypt. Taking a long-term approach to developing products and technological solutions, we work globally and across a wide array of industries as diverse as cybersecurity, sports management and supply chain.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team in either Bonn or Berlin to support day to day operations and month-end close procedures.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role will play an integral part in the accounting close process with opportunities to work on various projects as we scale. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently but also as part of a collaborative, fun-loving team. This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The candidate may be located in Berlin, Germany.
- Own GL related month-end close tasks and ensure financials are in accordance with EStG & GAAP (specifically with receivables, prepaid expenses, expense analysis, allocations & intercompany charges)
- Responsible for cash management, wire payments, weekly cash forecasting
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, supporting schedules, and trend analyses
- Analyze Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts for accuracy and reasonableness
- Participate in the year-end audit and tax preparations
- Serve as secondary support in the processing of accounts payable and employee expense reports for compliance with company policy, proper approval authority, and accuracy.
- Prepare special reports and assist in special projects as assigned by management.
- 3+ years of corporate accounting or public accounting experience (or a combination of both)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics (CPA considered a plus)
- Exceptional with Excel
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to research discrepancies to solve problems.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, maintain tight deadlines, solve problems proactively.
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of accounting and tax areas of business including an excellent understanding of EStG (mainly) and GAAP (optional).