(Senior) Business Operations Manager at Arweave // Arweave
BERLIN, GERMANY – PERMANENT – FULL TIME – MID TO SENIOR LEVEL
Straight to the point:
If you are a smart finance graduate with work experience in a leading accounting consultancy (e.g. one of the big four) AND you want to escape the dull corporate world to join a really, really fast-working blockchain startup, then we are looking for YOU.
Arweave connects those with spare disk space to individuals and companies that have data they want to store cheaply, securely and permanently.
This is possible thanks to the protocol built from the ground up by the Arweave team, which provides an online, open-source, blockchain-based network for decentralised data storage distributed worldwide.
The Arweave network has been live since June 2018 and is growing exponentially in usage, which is why leading investment firms like Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, and Multicoin Capital have joined our community of long-term token holders over the past 6 months.
About the role
As (Senior) Business Operations Manager at Arweave, you will primarily own and oversee all business operations including finance, accounting, controlling and compliance.
On top of this, you will support the Head of Operations and the COO directly in the implementation of strategic projects.
- Develop, execute and improve processes related to finance, accounting and financial reporting as we grow, to enable Arweave to scale efficiently
- Create, consolidate, and update financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Carry out billing, manage accounting practices, and oversee business expenses
- Manage external vendors, such as tax advisors and accounting service providers
- Monitor the regulatory landscape to constantly ensure that all of our financial, accounting and reporting practices are compliant with national and international regulations
- Proficiency with HGB, GAAP, and IFRS accounting standards and frameworks
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in finance, business operations, accountancy or controlling
- University degree in Finance or Accounting
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organisational and communication skills
- accumulation of business transactions into financial statements
- Excellent English skills and fluency in German
- You are an ambitious professional who is energetic and motivated for a career-defining role in a fast-growing startup
- You are technically minded
- You work fast, accurately and with great attention to detail
- You are flexible and team-oriented
- You handle pressure very well
- As one of our first hires, you get the chance to shape a startup company alongside blockchain industry pioneers
- Regular social events
- Team breakfasts on Mondays
- Holiday allowance – we’ll pay for you to go on holiday
- A personal development budget – we’ll pay you to learn
- Flexible working hours
- Free beverages and healthy snacks
- A really cool office space
How to apply
Please submit your application through the link below or via [email protected]
For your application, please provide the following materials:
- Up-to-date CV or resumé
- Your LinkedIn profile
- No more than two compelling paragraphs in the email body that explain why you want to work at Arweave.
Arweave is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from everybody.