Everyone at Entrepreneur First believes it really matters what the world’s most talented people choose to do with their lives. As the world’s leading talent investor, we’ve pioneered a new model of company creation backed by renowned investors – from Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn) and Demis Hassabis (Google’s Deepmind) to Taavet Hinrikus (Wise). Since 2011, more than 2,000 individuals have joined our programmes in London, Singapore, Berlin, Paris, Bangalore and Toronto. To date, they’ve created more than 300 companies worth more than $3 billion – companies like Magic Pony Technology (AI, acquired by Twitter), Represent (social commerce, acquired by CustomInk), BloomsburyAI (acquired by Facebook), Tractable (AI), OpenCosmos (space).
We launched our Berlin operations in 2018 and have since invested in more than 25 German startups, which include Deepspin – manufacturing the first truly low-cost MRI machine, Donut – making crypto investments as easy as possible, or Alcemy – reducing 33% of the CO2 footprint of the building material concrete.
Discovering high potential founders before they’re founders is our number one operating priority. We’re passionate about enabling high potential talents to embark on a life changing journey by accessing entrepreneurship through our programmes. The Talent Manager role leads the identification and delivery of top talent for the EF programme, while positioning EF as the premier career pathway for the most impactful individuals.
What You’ll Do
The Talent Manager sits as part of the Berlin management team and leads the design, delivery and execution of EF’s Talent strategy locally (~50 participants per cohort, two cycles annually). This means defining communities, hubs and networks where we find the high potential individuals and shaping and innovating how we engage smart, talented individuals with strong founder potential, then managing the selection process, leading to signing up the best applicants to start companies with us. The role will entail:
Talent Attraction and Delivery:
- Lead the Talent team in Berlin, driving a high performance culture to manage a large scale funnel effectively and efficiently (2000+ applications/year resulting in 100 offers)
- Defining what good technical (CTO) and commercial (CEO) founder look like for the EF programme in Germany
- Pipeline management of both CEO and CTO future founder profiles, ensuring we reach targets for offer and programme starter numbers by ‘Edge’
- Finding ways to identify outlier talent and build bridges to connect with them within the decentralised german talent landscape, ensuring we’re leveraging the right resources to attract a diverse spectrum of applicants
- Nurture world class talent experiences that represent our commitment to customer excellence
- Coordinate the composition of talent acquisition funnel and stages (DM, PR, Sourcing, Events, Partnerships).
- Building EF as a formidable brand in Germany to become thought leaders in the space of early stage tech entrepreneurship.
- Developing an on-the-ground marketing strategy for EF in Berlin, e.g. through events, campaigns or by leveraging EF advocates
- Working with our marketing team & external communication partner to develop stimulating content for audiences who may in the longer term become future EF applicants
- Develop our network with startup bodies, tech forums, educational institutions, etc, and be an active ambassador for EF at relevant events
- Scout and find high value partnerships with Alumni Networks, Research institutes, universities and other talent hubs.
Location and Start date: The role reports to EF’s General Manager in Berlin, Philipp Herkelmann, and is based at our offices in The Factory Görlitzer OPark. The start date would be ASAP, ideally in May 2021.
What You’ll Need
- You bring 6+ years in Talent Acquisition & Recruiting, ideally having managed sizeable volumes of hiring and in fast moving, technology enabled business
- You ideally bring experience managing a high performing recruiting team You are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and navigating a global matrix environment
- You have deep understanding of the talent ecosystem in Germany, particularly within technical talent pools, and know how to access them
- You have a growth mindset and love pivoting or adapting to fresh challenges
- You are strategic and data driven in your thinking and you can execute at highest standards on the ground.
- You have a passion for start ups and deep tech, with a mission led enthusiasm for building companies that have a positive impact on the world
What We Offer
- A competitive salary and a share of the fund’s “carry” – any profit the fund returns
- A buzzing space full of technical founders creating globally impactful businesses
- Collaboration with a growth minded, diverse team in Europe, Asia and Canada
- Generous holidays: in addition to 23 days holiday, we also close the office down for two weeks over Christmas and New Year
- A Learning & Development allowance to purchase any product or service that will contribute to your personal or professional development
- A Wellness allowance to spend on things enhancing your health and wellbeing, e.g. gym membership, yoga classes, Vitality, subscription to Headspace etc
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, plus broader leave policies. We care about our team and enabling the right balance between home and working life
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a wide variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature, including but not limited to: discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.