Head of People (f/m/d)
The DigitalService4Germany develops digital solutions with the government that center around the needs of citizens and work better for everyone.
To deliver on our mission we’re building a digital service unit from the ground up that is 100% federally owned and reporting directly to the chancellery. We build user-centric software products. We do not work for profit but for cause, and we are looking for purpose-driven and ambitious individuals to join the team.
As Head of People, you will continue to build and expand our people organization structure in close collaboration with the management and the entire team, playing a key role in shaping an inclusive and innovative corporate culture.
Your tasks in detail:
- You are an important and inspiring partner for all people in the organization and work closely with leaders to build a strong leadership and team culture.
- You will continuously improve our recruiting process and identify the best and most efficient recruiting channels and talents with a strong focus on diversity together with our recruiting team. Employer branding naturally plays a major role for you.
- You further develop the existing compensation structure and design a learning & development process for the team that fits the organization.
- You have profound experience in building, developing and leading a people department, ideally in a startup, company or other organization that develops digital products.
- You have the seniority to help build a new organization from the ground up that is also a role model for the German administration on the people side.
- Clear and transparent communication is your passion and strength.
- Diverse teams lead to a sustainable better culture and better products, that is clear for you.
- You have strong instincts and a good feel for identifying and developing talent.
- You love to work strategically, but you also enjoy and are interested in building up operational topics and taking them over, especially at the beginning.
- You are fluent in German and English, both written and spoken.
- You will be one of the first team members with the unique opportunity to play an important role in building a modern digital service unit within the German government.
- We offer you a lot of responsibility, varied tasks and exciting creative opportunities with a mission-driven team, aligned on a common vision to make digital government work better.
- An office in the center of Berlin with flexible home office arrangements.
With us, your performance and personality count, regardless of age, nationality, origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or disability.