Head of People (f/m/d)
KLANG IS AN ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECT MATTER AND GAMEPLAY IN A WAY THAT’S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
Klang is looking for a Head of People (f/m/d) who enjoys working in a collaborative team and thrives in a creative, start-up culture environment. As Head of People you will coordinate and align the People team, provide counsel to the Executive Leadership Team on organisational projects, and build a consistent culture that supports the production of SEED.
What you will do:
- Working with the Executive Team and other leaders, you will holistically oversee the strategic vision and initiatives for People teams (People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Studio Management)
- Provide leadership and counsel on all People-related topics and policies across the company
- Manage all People-related processes, supporting staff at every level of the company in the full Employee experience lifecycle (from hiring, onboarding to personal development, compensation and offboarding)
- Use data to help guide decision-making, measure initiatives, identify needs and coach/train leaders across the organization
- Over time, you will be able to build, develop and lead the People department, who will deliver complete human resource capability that can easily scale as the company grows
Who we think will be a great fit:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role in a start-up or scale-up company
- Proven track record of designing and overseeing strategic People decisions
- Hands-on experience and profound knowledge of HR Administration topics in Germany (managing an HRIS, doing payroll, ensuring compliance with labor, tax, and social security law, etc.)
- Experience identifying, hiring, coaching, and developing high performing talent
- Ability to understand the passion behind the product vision and translate this into a passionate company culture
- Able to coach, influence and get buy-in from senior leaders
- Ability to speak and write in both German and English in a professional level
- Fully-cycle recruitment experience in the gaming industry, including senior and leadership roles – preferable in PC/Console games
- Formal coaching certification
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, and mobile aircon units for hot summers
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.