HR Coordinator (Junior)
PLEASE APPLY WITH YOUR RESUMÉ IN ENGLISH
The People team at KAYAK | OpenTable is all about attracting the best talent and creating an exceptional experience for our employees. In this role, you will act as the employee services point of contact for managers and employees in Germany and Switzerland while working closely with a global People and Culture team to find new ways of approaching and improving our HR processes. Every day you’ll bring hospitality, a core tenet of our culture, to life for our employees and functional partners. If you are highly organized, great at working with people, and ready to learn, let’s talk!
In this role you will:
- Maintain accurate employee records, manage HR transactions in our systems and handle report / data requests.
- Provide a speedy and efficient response to all day to day / first line HR queries from employees.
- Process employee changes, terminations, and related processes including communications, notifications, HR systems updates, and government reporting.
- Draft Employment Contracts and answer any related questions from employees
- Work proactively with HR Coordinators from different locations to ensure an integrated and global approach to HR service delivery.
- Be an internal champion for our employees; Escalating issues as appropriate and collaborating with other teams to address their needs and concerns.
- Understand and respond to the needs of internal stakeholders promptly and effectively, always with an eye for optimization.
- Understanding the local requirements of Germany and/or Switzerland as they relate to HR functions and acting as a subject matter expert in these areas to our employees and stakeholders.
- Engage new hires, coordinating all the elements of their on-boarding and serving as a resource for them and for their manager.
- Experience working in an administrative role
- An understanding of current employment regulations in Germany and/or Switzerland.
- A continuous focus on improving the employee experience.
- An interest in asking questions to clarify or confirm key information.
- A strong attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to handle sensitive and highly confidential information appropriately.
- A degree or equivalent work experience in the field of HR.
- Fluent written and spoken English & German language skills; both spoken and written.
You might also have:
- Experience with HR technology, specifically Workday, and Microsoft Office products.
- A High degree of adaptability and flexibility to change.
- A work ethic that is self-motivated and resourceful.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world’s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK\’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering three days per week *
- Public transportation subsidies *
- Free German classes *
- Free Yoga classes *
- Free massages from Wellnow *
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
- Universal paid parental leave
* currently paused due to COVID
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.