Please submit your CV in English
Note: This is a temporary position covering maternity leave until September 2021.
As HR Manager you have full accountability across a generalist remit across our German, Swiss and Lithuanian entities within the Group. You will support the organization operationally, providing partnership and guidance to leadership and employees.
The role requires a sound understanding of local legislation and employment practices, alongside a clear picture of the trajectory of this new combined organization – allowing partnership and alignment with the HR Business Partners and the overall company vision.
- Build trust-based relationships with people managers and individual contributors to implement People & Culture initiatives that meet the objectives of KAYAK & OpenTable.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of regional legislation, which ensures advice and support is built on a foundation and understanding of legal risk.
- Proactively and effectively address complex employee relations and performance issues, including mitigating risk and managing situations that result in the best possible outcomes for the company, teams, and customers.
- Partner with HR Business Partners globally to understand the wider organizational needs of their teams, and implement strategies that meet and exceed the company objectives.
- Work as part of the wider P&C team to manage cyclical HR processes including engagement surveys, performance management, and merit cycle processes.
- Provide expertise in the development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee growth and retention efforts.
- Working proactively with colleagues across the global HR Operations team to ensure an integrated approach to HR service delivery.
- Draft and update templates to ensure compliance to changing employment legislation and practices.
- Support change management / restructuring processes.
- Proactively looking at ways to improve the P&C function and contribute to the agenda.
- Experience working as an HR Manager/HR Business Partner with an understanding of employment regulations in Germany. Knowledge in Switzerland and Lithuania is a plus.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees at all levels of the organization
- The ability to handle sensitive and highly confidential information appropriately
- A university degree or equivalent work experience in the field of HR
- Fluent German language skills; both spoken and written
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world’s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages from Wellnow
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.