The People team at KAYAK | OpenTable is all about attracting the best talent and creating an exceptional experience for our employees. In this role, you will act as the employee services point of contact for managers and employees in Germany and Switzerland while working closely with a global People and Culture team to find new ways of approaching and improving our HR processes. Every day you’ll bring hospitality, a core tenet of our culture, to life for our employees and functional partners. If you are highly organized, great at working with people, and ready to learn, let’s talk!
In this role you will:
- Maintain accurate employee records, manage HR transactions in our systems and handle report / data requests.
- Provide a speedy and efficient response to all day to day / first line HR queries from employees.
- Process employee changes, terminations, and related processes including communications, notifications, HR systems updates, and government reporting.
- Draft Employment Contracts and answer any related questions from employees
- Work proactively with HR Coordinators from different locations to ensure an integrated and global approach to HR service delivery.
- Be an internal champion for our employees; Escalating issues as appropriate and collaborating with other teams to address their needs and concerns.
- Understand and respond to the needs of internal stakeholders promptly and effectively, always with an eye for optimization.
- Understanding the local requirements of Germany and/or Switzerland as they relate to HR functions and acting as a subject matter expert in these areas to our employees and stakeholders.
- Engage new hires, coordinating all the elements of their on-boarding and serving as a resource for them and for their manager. You might also assist the Talent Team with managing our high-volume candidate pipeline from time to time.
- Experience working as an HR Administrator with a strong understanding of current employment regulations in Germany and/or Switzerland.
- A continuous focus on improving the customer experience.
- An interest in asking questions to clarify or confirm key information.
- A strong attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to handle sensitive and highly confidential information appropriately.
- A university degree or equivalent work experience in the field of HR.
- Fluent written and spoken German language skills; both spoken and written.
You might also have:
- Experience with HR technology, specifically Workday, and Microsoft Office products.
- A High degree of adaptability and flexibility to change.
- A work ethic that is self-motivated and resourceful.
- Some experience as (tech) recruiter
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world’s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages from Wellnow
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.