Human Resource Manager
HR Manager (Berlin) – Early Learning At Scale
Quality education for hundreds of millions of underprivileged children
We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. However, more than 600 million children in the world do not achieve foundational skills like literacy and basic numeracy – despite the majority of them going to school.
At EIDU, we create the next-generation ed-tech platform for children in low-income countries who do not have access to the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our platform distributes interactive learning content to students and teachers, personalizes their learning experience, and analyses the children’s progress in order to optimise the content being delivered to them.
EIDU is currently funded by well-known development agencies, foundations, and impact investors, and we are about to tap into the billion-dollar education market.
What we offer
- An international and passionate team located in Berlin and Nairobi, who support and challenge each other to achieve the great goal we set out for.
- A modern company culture that emphasizes transparency and autonomy. We care about results, not time spent at the office, so there is a high degree of flexibility with regard to working hours, vacations, and the place you choose to work (including fully remote within a 3 hours flight time radius).
- A competitive salary and a (seriously) unparalleled equity scheme.
- Social impact like no one else: we are working to fix one of the world’s biggest problems.
What you will do
- Improve, develop, document, and lead the implementation of personnel processes and systems.
- Automation of HR policies and systems.
- Ensure compliance of HR policies and processes at EIDU.
- Ensure employees are well on-boarded into the organization and develop an effective off-boarding process for employees.
- Maintaining proper personnel records.
- Offer HR support to all levels of management in providing HR expertise in all aspects of HR functions.
- Overseeing hiring through taking part in the selection, interviewing, and job offering of new employees.
- Champion the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision
- Administer staff motivation programs which include employee development, compensation, benefits, performance management, safety, and recreation programs.
- Develop and cultivate active two-way communication with all levels of employees and the management.
- Handling termination procedures.
- Maintaining and reporting on workplace health and safety compliance.
- Provide support to the payroll team in developing, implementing, and evaluating the HR/payroll functions.
- Providing the Management with HR Reports and Budgets
What you should bring
- The desire to use your skills to bring about positive social change.
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems
- Familiarity with HR software and working knowledge of GSuite
- At least 3 years of experience in an HR Generalist or Manager position at a company that is one of the best employers in their industry.
- Good HR Management System Skills
- Good knowledge of the country’s labor laws
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or other related field is a plus
If all this resonates with you, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. We are eager to get to know you!