Junior People and Operations Manager (part-time possible)
Tandem is the leading global language learning community, where 10 million members in over 180 countries practice languages together. The concept of learning from each other is not only an integral part of the Tandem community but it is also at the heart of our everyday lives at Tandem. This shared connection through learning helps us to grow and enhances the language journeys of our members.
We are based in Berlin and are backed by top European investors. We are highly international and driven by a shared passion for languages, technology, and culture. Together, we are on a mission to build a product that not only teaches a new skill but also encourages meaningful cross-cultural conversations.
As a Junior Operations Manager, you will report to the Head of People and Operations and have a significant role in all fundamental operational aspects of the company. You will collaborate and be in constant contact with all teams, as well as actively contribute to and take ownership of a variety of tasks in the fields of office management, people, and finance.
- You will be deeply involved in all areas of people operations, in the professional development of your teammates as well as the ongoing development of Tandem’s company culture.
- When it comes to the area of finance, you will get on board with preparing monthly accounts, creating reports, and help with optimizing our process automation tools.
- You will act as the key point of contact for office operations. For example you will ensure we stay on top of all communications with external providers, be an account manager for our subtenants, and develop strategies to improve the day-to-day life at Tandem.
You are the right fit for the role if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social Science, Psychology, or any similar field.
- Pay close attention to details and are curious.
- Are a people person.
- Are passionate about languages and their role in building bridges between cultures.
- Are fluent in written and spoken English.
What would make your application stand out:
- You have experience in project management.
- German language skills.
Life at Tandem
Passion for languages
We’re a team of 29 people speaking 21 languages fluently between us. For those wanting to improve their German (or Denglisch!), you can join one of our German classes on us. We also run regular Spanish, Russian, and German lunches!
Take a deep dive
As a Tandem team member, we’ll give you a budget for up to 6 “Deep Dive Days” per year. Pick a topic you’ve always wanted to explore for your professional development that has never made it out of your backlog. Then book a cabin in the woods or whatever matches your individual learning style.
Teams who train together, stay together
We offer Urban Sports Club gym memberships to boost our team’s physical and mental health. If you prefer, we can contribute to your monthly public transport ticket instead.
It takes a team to Tandem
Bonding with our teammates outside of our normal work routine is important to us. We organize regular team events: from day trips to weekly lunches, to Friday beers, summer BBQs, and board games.
Life isn’t just about work. We know when to snooze Slack notifications, recharge our batteries, and take time out for our personal hobbies. As we’re mostly working from home right now, it’s even more important to be able to switch off from work and relax.
As part of our family-friendly company philosophy, we embrace flexible working hours, welcome families to our events, and love for our kids to visit the office and get a taste of life at Tandem.
Relocation without the stress
If you’re looking to relocate to Berlin, we’re ready to assist you with the infamous German bureaucracy. Many of us have been through it before, so we have plenty of tips to share. You’ll feel settled in no time.
An office that sparks joy
Our open-plan working oasis is located in the heart of Berlin-Mitte. We offer a free choice of IT setup and whatever tech you require. As an added bonus, our kitchen is always fully stocked with free drinks, healthy snacks, and fresh fruit.