HR Generalist (m/f/x) // Next Big Thing AG
Next Big Thing is a Berlin-based IoT and blockchain company builder designing and co-founding high-tech ventures. NBT promotes entrepreneurship, catalyzes innovation for corporate partners, and grows Europe’s digital economy. As an operational VC, NBT provides mentorship, financing, and engineering know-how. By building new services and products on top of technology, NBT develops scalable business models.
NBT’s People team is expanding to provide world-class support to our growing group of visionary IoT and Blockchain ventures. To do so, we are hiring a full-time People Operations Generalist to apply their expertise and potential to help us achieve this.
As People Operations Generalist, you play a key role in ensuring that the HR operations process of NBT and our ventures run seamlessly to deliver professional employee experience, promote company culture and work closely with the Director of Human Resources to maintain motivated teams who will steer our business to the next level.
These will be your tasks
- Provide timely administrative support across the business; issue employment contracts and letters, process on & off-boarding paperwork
- Welcome new colleagues and complete orientation on various HR topics (e.g. taxes, insurance, vacation entitlement)
- Prepare and update employee folders with latest, accurate information/documents
- Assist in setting-up, introducing and maintaining processes such as performance reviews, career development, KPI’s etc.
- Support in processing of terminations even in complex scenarios
- Work closely with the team to foster a great company culture and happy work environment
- Do follow-up talks with new colleagues as well as current team members, hiring managers
- Share new ideas with the team to improve HR related services to our businesses
You’re offering these qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in a similar HR role in a fast paced work environment; start-up experience is a plus!
- Either a Bachelor’s degree or apprenticeship in Human Resources, Business (Administration), Psychology or a related field
- Experience with handling documentation of international employees (visa, work permit, registration, etc.)
- Familiar with basic German labor and immigration law
- Business fluency in German and English (company language)
- Pragmatic, detail oriented and discreet with highly confidential topics
- Excellent communication skills, empathetic and patient
- Proactive and multitasker: handle various requests, do follow-ups, maintain deadlines
- Can-do attitude with a solid understanding of when to say “No”
We’re offering these benefits
A sweet deal
- Full-time unlimited contract
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- Access to Factory Community events: lectures, social events, networking, great restaurant and café and a ball-pit!
Work with the best
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team
- Take responsibility for your projects. No micromanagement
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 20+ countries
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
RELOCATION & EU WORK VISA
We do not offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa and first steps in Germany.