People Operations Manager (m/f/d)
We are building the first scalable data platform that anyone can run.
Our ambitious mission: Making it easy for everyone to use their data productively.
Y42 was founded in 2020 and today compiles a team of 100+ data witches and wizards, software magicians as well as business geeks from 25+ nationalities. We are backed by some of the world’s most renowned investors that deeply believe in our vision of frictionless business intelligence.
About the People Team
The People Team is the gatekeeper of the Y42 culture. Our mission is to ensure that our growing teams are happy and feel safe throughout their employee lifecycle.
We save time by using the newest tools and technologies and back our decisions with data. We stay in touch with our teams closely to ensure they have what they need to grow, develop, and work productively.
As our People Operations Manager, you will:
- Accompany our team members along their employee journey, from onboarding to offboarding, including contract management and data maintenance;
- Prepare the monthly payroll and work alongside our external payroll provider and other authorities;
- Further improve our relocation process for our international employees in collaboration with our relocation agency, and be the point of contact for our EOR for our remote employees;
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure Y42’s new recruits have an amazing experience;
- Contribute to different projects, such as employee satisfaction and improving the performance cycle review.
You will be perfect for this position if you:
- Are a people person and understand how to make our team members a little bit more happy every day;
- Are an expert in all people operations topics within fast-paced, international companies;
- See onboarding and offboarding as an experience, and can build a smooth and interactive process;
- Have strong knowledge of German labor law, payroll, and taxes;
- Have previously worked on relocation processes;
- (Ideally) understand how virtual options work or have an interest in working with this process;
- Work in a goal-oriented manner, dealing with your tasks reliably and confidently;
- Love building processes from scratch and get energized by process iterations;
- Bring a lot of initiative into your day-to-day work and have the confidence to take on new challenges,
- Speak German and English fluently.
Why you should join Y42:
- The opportunity to significantly shape a future unicorn startup early on;
- A competitive salary along with employee stock options to participate in the company’s success;
- A well-located, modern office with air-conditioning and countless food options;
- State-of-the-art work equipment, incl. MacBook Pro, Bose headphones and monitor;
- Public transport pass or Swapfiets e-bike subscription;
- Weekly team lunches and regular team events;
- Free fruits, snacks and beverages;
- Flexibility to work from home or our office.
🌈 Y42 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want to work with the best people no matter how they look, dress or speak, or whom they love, believe in, or aspire. We are committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as we believe diverse teams with complementary skill sets make the strongest teams.
The typical hiring process at Y42
1. CV application: Share your CV with us and any supporting documents if you like. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.
2. Get to know each other: In our first call, we want to exchange expectations and clear up your most urging questions. Furthermore, we want to excite you about our mission and product.
3. Main Interview: In this interview, our hiring managers want to learn more about your skills and thought processes. We want to understand your abilities and align on a technical level.
4. Culture Interview: In the last hiring stage, we want you to meet at least one member of the management team. We deeply value team chemistry and want to give you the opportunity to get to know each other before any signings.
5. Et voilà: Offer! We aim to finish the entire process within 28 days.