Senior People Operations Manager (f/m/d)
As a trusted partner for internal and external stakeholders, you will be responsible for scaling and continuously improving our People Operations processes and structures in order to help the DigitalService team focus on their mission: make digital government work better for everyone.
More about the role:
- You help us set up reliable, efficient, and lean processes and structures as we grow – ensuring all things People Operations run smoothly and contribute to creating exceptional people experiences, e.g. around on- and offboarding, payroll and people administration.
- You also work on People Operations topics hands-on, e.g., with support from a colleague and our external payroll office, you are accountable for conducting our payroll.
- You confidently and responsibly act as an internal labor law advisor, and know when to collaborate with our external legal support.
- You work closely with internal and external stakeholders, your colleagues from the People & Workplace team as well as the Finance team, and our Managing Directors as trusted partner.
- You mentor more junior colleagues, enjoy sharing your knowledge, and helping them evolve.
- You have a track record in strategically building and scaling the People Operations function, preferably in a start-up, including mentorship responsibilities.
- You have in-depth German labor law expertise.
- You know how to set up and maintain digital HR tools and are keen to use them for automating and simplifying processes where possible.
- You enjoy communicating with many different internal and external stakeholders and confidently manage successful collaboration within the role’s various contexts.
- What might sound contradictory to others describes the way you like to work: thinking strategically and working hands-on, focussing on the outcomes while remaining service-oriented, ensuring stability and driving innovation, diving deep into the details and helping your stakeholders understand the big picture.
- You speak and write German and English fluently; your German level is C2.
- We offer you a lot of responsibility, varied tasks and exciting creative opportunities with a team that is driven by a mission and shares a common vision: To develop digital solutions for and with the federal administration.
- You have the unique opportunity to be part of a “start-up within the government” and work in a dynamic and agile way.
- Flexible arrangement for mobile working and an open-space office in the heart of Berlin – with startup-typical healthy snacks, drinks and a beautiful roof terrace.
- You can choose which operating system you work with. We work with Mac, Linux and Windows computers.
- Your mental health is important to us. With nilo.health we support you to take care of your well-being.
- We offer you a market-oriented salary and an annual learning budget. Within this we enable you to take language courses as well, if needed.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We, therefore, welcome all applications – regardless of age, nationality, (ethnic) origin, gender, religion, ideology, sexual identity, or disability.
Therefore, we ask you to refrain from including a photo of yourself in your CV, as well as information about your place of residence, age, gender, marital status, or similar. We only check incoming applications for their professional qualifications and the key qualifications required for the respective position.
YOUR CONTACT PERSON
Do you have any questions for us? Your contact person is Annemie (Annemie.email@example.com).
As a federally owned GmbH, DigitalService is a 100% subsidiary of the federal government and works directly with federal ministries and federal agencies. We do not work for profit, but for the good cause: for a digital Germany.
We develop digital products that facilitate interaction between citizens and the administration and promote trust. To do this, we bring together interdisciplinary teams from software development, design and product management with the federal administration.
We work user-centered and iteratively develop the best possible solution. With our fellowship programs Tech4Germany and Work4Germany, we accompany the necessary change in working methods and culture.
What does the work at DigitalService4Germany look like? Frederike (Engineering), Magdalena (Product) und Charlotte (Design) give exciting insights. You can find more employee interviews in our Blog (in German).