Talent Acquisition Specialist // Blinkist
Who we are
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work. At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 10 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, we received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why we need you
Blinkist is a fast-growing company. We expanded from 60 to 120 last year and plan to hire another 60+ people in 2019. As we scale, we are looking for excellent people who not only fit but also enrich our very unique culture and bring us to the next level. In order to do that, we are looking for a third recruiter to join our People team. This is where you come in. You will help us grow the team, provide a delightful experience to our candidates, continue to improve the quality of our recruiting process and contribute to employer branding tasks and projects.
- Lead – you will drive the end-to-end selection process for a wide range of positions in all areas (i.e. engineering, marketing, design, product, people & organization, customer support, finance). From screening CVs, scheduling and performing interviews, to moderating the final decision making
- Build – you will partner with hiring managers to create meaningful job postings, set up recruiting processes that suit the specific needs of each position and design scorecards to ensure we assess candidates in an unbiased, transparent and systematic way
- Promote – you will think of new ways to advertise our openings, develop out of the box sourcing strategies and get candidates excited about Blinkist
- Support – you will guide candidates through the recruiting process and provide a memorable Blinkist experience
- Represent – you will create and share content on social media and, depending on your interests, participate in projects to help us further develop our Employer Brand
- You have 1-2 years of experience in recruitment in-house (internships or working student experience included)Ideally, you have worked at rapidly changing workplaces before and feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- You have a passion for all things recruiting! You are excited about the challenge of bringing the best talents on board and helping shape the future of the organizationYou want to become a Blinkist ambassador and strongly identify with our values and mission
- You are motivated by learning more about our work behind the scenes, and creating an awesome candidate experience is one of your main goals for every hiring process
- You understand that recruiting is a speed game.
- You are pragmatic and know how to prioritize and move quickly, while always delivering quality work with a strong eye for detail
- You are a super connector who is genuinely interested in getting to know people and you are comfortable working with different personalities
- You are searching for creative solutions and are eager to hack classical recruiting strategies
- You are a great communicator in English
- [Bonus] You can write, read and speak German at a fluent level
- [Bonus] You have some experience in Employer Branding including community management on social media and content creation
What’s in it for you
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add free lunch, a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into this role, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.