Technical Recruiter (Blockchain)
Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we’re happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our digital lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralized technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritize individual sovereignty over centralized control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be or become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society our future.
We primarily steward the Substrate ecosystem, which includes Polkadot and Kusama, next-generation sharded, multichain networks. Our flagship product, Substrate is an open-source, modular and extensible blockchain-building framework that allows rapid innovation and fast deployment of custom built blockchains. Substrate provides the core building blocks of blockchains built for deployment to Polkadot and Kusama. Our key programming language is Rust, and all of our work is open source.
This Technical Recruiter role is open to all who can bring a good amount of enthusiasm for tech and blockchain recruiting or actual proven skills within this new, diverse and ever-growing industry. We potentially have a few openings to consider as we at Parity are growing more and more this year and onward. We will therefore need our fresh and enthusiastic in-house recruiting team to solidly grow in order to meet the new demands and needs of the business!
- Perform full-cycle recruiting for open positions: sourcing, interviewing, coordinating hiring process, offer negotiation, etc
- Really be able to show that you have the ability to find innovative and new ways to source candidates outside of the typical channels as a lot of the candidates we will need don’t often exist there!
- Provide an outstanding candidate experience, from initial introduction to onboarding
- Be a true partner to your businesses and be able to provide them with that hands on support. We are doing a lot of things for the first time here at Parity including hiring on this scale
- We are a small family in PeopleOps and Recruiting at the moment. Therefore we need someone who will be up for the challenge of not only smashing the recruitment needs, but be a constant source of and want to improve the hiring, offer, tracking and networking processes here.
- We will be aiming to not only build up our current and future pipelines, our in-house team and Parity itself, but also, start to look outwardly toward our ecosystem in order to help strengthen and build projects, teams and companies within the wider ecosystem. This is a really new and fresh time to be coming onboard with us and growing with our fam!
- 3+ years of experience in tech recruitment, ideally in-house, but definitely in a fast paced and growth environment!
- Domain knowledge and recruitment expertise – with understanding of and the ability to search for key players and networks to headhunt from
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Skilled with modern tech sourcing and selection techniques
- Successful track record of delivering on super growth hiring goals
- Effective stakeholder management, relationship building, and consulting skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Positive on crypto (recruiting experience in blockchain/open source a HUGE plus)
- As and indication, key backgrounds for Parity at the moment include; DevSecOps Eng, AppSec Eng, Technical Writers, Solutions Eng, Product Managers, Ecosystem/BD and Rust is a key language for us
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building & promoting the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- We have a remote-friendly company setup, but we are happy to facilitate relocation to our headquarters in Berlin, DE.
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats (subject to current pandemic restrictions for the health of our contributors and teams).