Business Development Intern (f/m/d)
We, Mercanis, are on the mission to disrupt the multi-trillion professional service industry. Our goal is to disrupt and digitize the way players across the service industry interact with each other, while driving value, performance and equal business opportunities to service providers across the globe. The first step is to provide an End-to-End software platform for companies to procure marketing, legal or technology services in an easy, smooth and efficient manner.
We are already backed by well-known early stage VCs, a great group of entrepreneurs and very prestigious seed investors. The people behind us have built and lead companies such as N26, Wefox, Tier, scoutbee, SAP, RWE, BCG to name a few. Highly funded and committed to our mission of digitizing the service industry, we are moving quicker than ever, assembling the most driven, humble and intelligent people to take the journey of success with us.
To disrupt the status quo, we are looking for a motivated hustler, optimistic go-getter, and versatile thinker who is willing to support the Founders and Management as Business Development Intern (f/m/d). If that sounds like you – feel free to apply and let’s shoot for the stars together.
About your role
- Work closely with the founders and management on strategically significant projects from idea generation to prototyping to operational implementation
- Help to streamline and professionalize major parts of our value chain by automating processes, defining performance benchmarks and implementing the business infrastructure to lay the foundations for a strong growth
- Lead your own projects by creating and sticking to comprehensive schedules, liaising with other stakeholders/departments and continuously analyzing/presenting your data
- You are a jack of all trades and provide valuable input to topics concerning product development, process implementation, performance marketing and sales
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
This is you
- Currently pursuing or already have a Bachelor or Master´s degree from a top tier university or business school
- First experience in business development and/or project management from a consulting, investment banking, venture capital or high growth and fast-paced startup environment. We also value your entrepreneurial pursuits and extracurricular activities during university
- You are proactive and have a self-starter mindset with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- You thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- You are highly ambitious and equipped with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You enjoy working independently and having lots of responsibility
- Excellent German and English skills
- Authorized to work and stay in the EU for the duration of your internship
What we offer in return
Be part of an early stage first-mover startup in an industry that is least digitized and that presents a great opportunity for growth. Not only are you embarking on a massively steep learning curve, but you’ll also be able to make your mark.
- Work closely with experienced and successful serial entrepreneurs
- One of the best learning experiences in Berlin
- Competitive salary
- A lot of space for your ideas with a sparring approach
- Appreciation, joint growth and lively interaction
- An international, driven and forward-thinking team – celebrating it’s birthdays, progresses and successes together!
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds. Let’s do good and have some fun! We are looking forward to hearing from you!