Business Development & Sales Internship
At Apheris, we are empowering organizations to jointly analyze their data while protecting intellectual property and preserving data privacy. We are building the foundation on top of which organizations collaborate on data and distribute the resulting value.
Our product allows companies to develop new data-driven business models and create entirely new data marketplaces. Via leveraging cutting edge technologies like decentralized computation and cryptographic approaches, we open-up privacy-preserving data ecosystems within and between institutions. This allows data scientists to analyse third-party data without direct access to it. Owners of big amounts of sensitive data on the other side can unlock value by providing their data via the Apheris platform without risking their intellectual property. We have set up such data ecosystems for top 10 pharma and chemical R&D enterprises and are ready for more.
Enabling new ways of collaboration and innovation is not just our purpose, collaboration is as well one of our core values. We are driven by impact and strive for the impossible. We build a safe environment for our team where we are responsible together and everyone commits to take up ownership. Together, we create a whole that is far more than the sum of its parts. We are always hungry to learn and stay humble while we grow.
Our team of world-class researchers and engineers at the intersection of data privacy, cryptography and computational sciences is backed by some of the world’s best investors and tech leaders like LocalGlobe, Twitter chairman Patrick Pichette and MuleSoft founder Ross Mason. With their help, we currently focus on productization of a general-purpose tech core and on winning our next 10 early customers. If you want to join us in our exciting and rapid growth phase and collaborate with us, we would love to get to know you.
About the role
In this Business Development & Sales role you are helping us to grow our customer base for our data ecosystem. Together with an interdisciplinary team and our CEO Robin, you are developing new channels and material to address our next high-profile customers in the pharmaceutical and biotechnological service sector. Your stamina and persuasive character will allow us to quickly grow our client base and build out further partnerships.
We are looking for a candidate that can start working with us as soon as possible for a total period of 3 months or more. We offer the possibility to transform your interim role into a permanent full-time contract afterwards. You are given the chance to shape your role with strong impact on our business and growth.
What you will spend your time on
- Reinventing and defining our market outreach strategy
- Finding relevant companies and stakeholders for our outreach
- Reaching out to new potential customers via LinkedIn and possibly other channels
- Take over some internal topics where we need ad-hoc hands-on support
Essential requirements for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields – you can also be still enrolled in your studies
- Genuine interest in working in a fast-paced startup
- Very good communication skills with an eye for detail in written communication
- English skills (at least C1)
- Self-motivated team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty
Additional features we consider a plus
- Scientific exposure (academic or professional) to pharma, (bio-)chemistry or related fields
- Analytical thinking and intrinsic sense of ownership
- Excitement about implementing new structures from scratch
What we offer you
- Plenty of room to grow personally and professionally and take up responsibility
- A fun and diverse team of smart and driven people
- Daily fresh fruit, drinks, coffee (and an occasional beer)
- Inspiring office space in the heart of Berlin directly at the river (Paul-Lincke-Ufer)
- Possibility to work remotely