Engineer/Design Internship (m/f/d) in Berlin or Amsterdam
3YOURMIND is an on-demand manufacturing software platform that empowers companies to identify and produce parts as needed. OEMs, operating companies, and contract manufacturers can create digital inventories of qualified parts that reduce costs, shorten production lead times, and secure more efficient and agile operations. 3YOURMIND addresses companies’ current needs to produce spare parts quickly while enabling advanced manufacturing technologies and data-driven decision-making to create new parts faster, lighter, and with cost-saving potential.
We are seeking a proactive intern with a passion for additive manufacturing to join our team. Your main responsibility is to design new or existing applications for our software platform and perform physical testing on printed parts to qualify the designed parts. With this experience, you will also identify bottlenecks in the software platform and propose the need to implement new features with the product management team.
The ideal candidate will know how to define and prioritize product requirements and features of our software, as well as coordinating with marketing teams to conduct market research. Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with customers to identify current and future needs are essential for this role.
In addition, you will work closely with the marketing and development teams to ensure that the product meets the needs of our customers. Therefore, a background in industrial engineering or designing is required for this role. With your help, we will strengthen our position as the world’s leading 3D printing software platform.
Your main responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the marketing team to conduct market research within the verticals defense, industrial transportation and energy
- Design new or existing applications as examples to integrate into the software platform
- Perform physical testing on printed parts to qualify the designed parts
- Identify bottlenecks in the software platform and propose short-term and/or long-term feature solutions
- Communicate the need to implement new features with the product management team
What you should bring:
- Ability to understand and analyze data
- Design skills in CAD software programs like SolidWorks or Fusion 360
- Additive Manufacturing Knowledge (plus: general Manufacturing)
- Proactive in asking questions and willingness to learn new topics
- Out of the box and creative thinking
- Native or fluent in English
- Good understanding of the product development cycle
- A technical Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. industrial designing or engineering)
Why you’ll love working at 3Yourmind GmbH:
- You’ll have autonomy to make decisions along the process and overall responsibility and decision power from day one
- You’ll work in an informal environment with flexible hours
- You’ll work at an amazing office in the heart of Berlin with an international multi-cultural team, office snacks & Club Mate
- We care about personal growth and invest in the development and education of our employees which means you’ll have an educational budget to further develop your skills
- We enjoy our work, develop friendships in the workplace and host company offsite events
3YOURMIND is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics.