E-commerce Intern // CasaBasics
We are a young e-commerce start-up focused on eco-friendly and environmentally friendly products looking for an enthusiastic and driven intern to play a fundamental role in our continued growth. The internship will be for six months after which time you will have the opportunity to join our team full-time if you have proven yourself.
We are looking for a native German speaker to help us with our German market. Our company language is English, but for this role you MUST be highly proficient or a German native speaker.
This role is a full-time internship and only suitable for those applicants who are required to complete an internship as part of their university degree (“Pflichtpraktikum”). The internship is based in our hip office in the heart of Berlin.
Our key business involves sourcing a wide range of products from suppliers globally and to distribute these to customers via Amazon and other online e-commerce channels. The ideal candidate will also help us expand our brands through social media management and brand advertisements.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, keen for a challenge, as well as enjoy and be able to effectively work autonomously. Highly developed organisation skills are a must as is a can-do attitude to be involved in all areas of the business. Ad hoc duties will be an essential part of the role as you will be responsible for the main administrative duties of the company.
- Computer literacy
- Intermediate use of MS Office, in particular excel (including use of formulas, data import and manipulation)
- Excellent organisational skills
- German / English native speakers
- Affinity for ecommerce / social media
- Creating product story boards including images and product descriptions
- Identifying new products for us to sell
- SEO activities to promote products
- Tracking daily, weekly and monthly sales figures
- Inventory management
- Liaising with suppliers in China and Hong Kong
- Key point of contact for customer queries
- Reconciling accounts
- Central point of communication with Amazon and other online platforms
- Sourcing new products via Alibaba and other channels