Intern or Working Student as UX/UI Designer /3D Printing (m/f/d)
This student/intern position will be within the Digital Solutions team, which is part of our software department, which works on customized, cloud based, end-user solutions for our industrial clients.
Through this position you will gain a deeper understanding of 3D printing applications as well as the specific needs for 3D printing related software. You will be working on several user-interfaces, for example human machine interfaces (HMI) to web front-ends for monitoring printers.
This position will be 20h/week (working student) or full-time for interns (minimum 6 months with approval from your school or university).
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Create wireframes according to requirements from product team
- Create or work with existing user journeys for different products (illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps)
- Prepare ready to use screens for our front-end developer team (according to existing design systems)
- Design software UI elements and screens e.g., for human machine interfaces (HMI) & printer monitoring software (based on existing elements)
- Know and elaborate on mobile friendly and responsive concepts
- Build up a design system from existing components
- Maintain & document the design system and behavior, ensure the visual consistency of all new design elements which will be implemented across all products
- Enrolled student in design or similar creative degree program
- Experience in Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch
- Ability to communicate your ideas & interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- Great communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Sense of aesthetics
- Manage your daily work independently and take ownership for your projects
- Motivated to get things done for pro-active approach
Upload your CV with your experience and a few work or project examples which shows your skills (you choose which format).
If you can imagine yourself in this role, here are some other reasons why BigRep is the place for you:
- You will be working together with an international group of engineers and 3D printing fanatics :)
- Work in the forefront of the 3D printing industry, bringing in your ideas and learning from the best
- Work in a modern loft in Berlin – Kreuzberg, with direct access to our developer and engineers
- Free 3D printing – your designs, your style
- Flexible working schedule
Making large-scale 3D printing an affordable reality for small to medium-sized business was the dream that launched BigRep in 2014. A few employees in a Berlin loft built the BigRep ONE printer prototype that kick-started the business. Now almost 100 employees in three locations work together in our industrial 3D printer manufacturing company and three printer models have already been released.
We are one of the most recognizable large-scale 3D printing brands and have been successfully transitioning from prototype to end-use part production. We believe that success as a manufacturer in this space means offering customers not just a machine for additive manufacturing but a complete digital production solution.
To make this a reality we have assembled a team of experts in marketing, design, innovation, software, control systems and hardware. Many of us come from the 3D printing industry but all of us share a deep interest and passion in all things 3D printing related and want to be part of this next chapter in manufacturing history.