Journalism Intern (w/m/div) for a new finleap Venture
Founded in Berlin in 2014, finleap is Europe’s number one Fintech ecosystem.
We are renowned for our fast execution in building successful, innovative and market-changing Fintech companies. Combining entrepreneurial execution, technological capabilities and diverse talent from over 55 different countries, finleap continuously challenges the status quo to reshape the way technology impacts the financial market. With 14 established ventures and new ones being launched each year, we have a wide variety of opportunities.
We create innovative companies that solve today’s customer needs in the financial industry. We build ventures from scratch and combine years of industry knowledge with entrepreneurial drive and passion.
Why this new venture?
Our new venture bundles the best online solutions per industry into one cockpit and supports entrepreneurs to continue their story of success in a digital world. To achieve this goal, we are developing a new SaaS platform for small and medium-sized businesses in Germany.
What will keep you challenged?
- Growing into a “story pioneer” and mapping out new angles, topics, and develop questions enabling you to craft vivid stories about SME’s in Germany
- Researching and fact-checking content for online publications
- Writing and editing authentic online articles addressing the challenges our clients face on a regular basis
- Arranging, planning and conducting phone or in-person interviews with clients or prospective clients
- Crafting social media posts promoting your articles on our channels
- Provide input and support on overall content strategy
- Occasional travel to events or for interviews (mostly Berlin-based)
What will make you succeed?
- Fluency in both written and verbal German, high literacy and an excellent grasp of grammar
- Would suit recent graduates of journalism, economy and/or business with some past experience in a local publication
- Excellent people and management skills to connect with colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Well-organized, have a strong sense of responsibility and can work independently
- An interest and involvement in social media and an understanding of small to medium-sized businesses is an advantage
What do we offer?
Besides the standard stuff like free drinks (everything you can imagine – from coffee over Club Mate to juices and 4 different kinds of beer), cereal and fruit, discounts on transportation, gym memberships and local restaurants, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours with core working times
- You’ll work with the best people in their fields in a diverse and international environment
- Top-notch technology equipment – whatever you need to do your job the best way possible
- 6th floor light-infused office in the heart of Berlin with a rooftop terrace and chill-out areas, table tennis, table soccer and shower facilities as well as yoga classes, running groups etc…
- Regular team events – we celebrate our success together!
- We believe in personal growth and development. Share your personal aims and let’s achieve them together
- A strong network of companies and experts as part of the finleap family, Europe’s No.1 fintech ecosystem