Product Management Intern // MedBelle
My name is Benjamin and I am the Head of Product here at Medbelle, where it is our mission to build the first digital hospital.
First of all, let me tell you what Medbelle is all about.
As you know, the healthcare system as we know it can often be inefficient, disorganised and overstretched. Its complicated administrative processes contribute largely to its struggle to keep up with rapidly advancing technology, resulting in bad experiences for both patients and healthcare professionals alike.
As the first digital hospital, we are rebuilding the healthcare experience from scratch. This is what allows us to provide patients with an outstanding level of care that we would love to experience ourselves.
Backed by renowned international investors, we are helping an ever-growing number of patients receive the highest quality of medical procedures the UK has to offer. To help us maintain this level of care, we need to expand our product team with highly motivated and passionate people who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Product is at the center of Medbelle
Our Product team is the focal point between our users (patients, surgeons, hospitals and our operational staff), our business needs and our engineering team. We research and identify user and business needs and manage our product roadmap from end to end.
We iterate and move fast but also put an extraordinary focus on service quality, technological integrity and the happiness of our patients, partners and staff – as evidenced by our stellar reviews online
We believe in building products that our users love. To enable that, we have a big and seasoned in-house engineering team and work with lean and agile software development methodologies.
As we grow and expand our offering, we are looking for an entrepreneurial bridge-builder between our users, our business and our tech team to join us as a Product Management Intern.
What you will do:
- You will become an integral part of our product team, which makes our product serve ever more users and serve them ever better while achieving our business objects
- You are researching new initiatives and independently owning projects to drive our product forward
- You are analysing business- and user-impact of potential features in a data-driven manner, using state-of-the-art tools (which we provide) and strong analytical skills (which you bring to the table)
- You are talking to users, spitballing product ideas with our staff, clarifying technical questions and effort estimates with our in-house engineers, troubleshooting issues, drawing up wireframes, providing user stories and many, many other things – no two days will be the same
- You are working directly with our Head of Product (me :-) ) and collaborating across all our other departments (patient care, operations, partnerships, finance, medical quality and of course software engineering)
What you bring to the table:
- Product Management is a craft, a science and an art. This means you need to be that rare combination of analytical and a fast learner but also creative and a strong communicator
- You are technically-savvy and always excited to go deeper and learn new knowledge and skills as they become necessary for your ever-changing work
- You have a solid business understanding either from your studies or from previous relevant work or internship experience
- You have some previous relevant skills; for example project management, design / UX / User Research, SQL, Excel magic, online marketing or business development
- You are proficient in English (spoken & written)
- Plus points if you have previous coding experience or did some relevant coursework
- You have a valid working/study permit for Germany
What we offer you:
- This is an opportunity to become part of one of Berlin’s most successful startups and grow with the company
- When you’re doing a great job, you will always have the opportunity to take on more responsibility and grow professionally and personally
- This internship will put you on the path to become a stellar product manager while also boosting your entrepreneurial skills and credentials
- You will work on real and challenging problems with smart people who care
- We do stuff together – Join the Medbelle family if you love Friday beers, team dinners and impeccable office banter
- And of course the most important stuff. A constant supply of coffee, fruits and a weekly brunch powers you while you reinvent global healthcare. Oh, and we have English tea, lots of English tea
- An opportunity to learn from smart, experienced and highly-dedicated entrepreneurs, engineers and medical professionals
What the crew is like and why I love working here:
Our Medbelle family is a small and truly international team (75%+ internationals). We pride ourselves on our company culture that’s focused on building a great service with a professional emphasis on numbers and growth.
As a typical Berlin startup, we, of course, have the usual fun stuff: free coffee & British tea, fruits, pancake Tuesdays, an amazing Villa in Kreuzberg, Friday memes and team events we probably shouldn’t talk about here. But what I love most about working for Medbelle is the honest desire to help improve the experiences of our patients – that’s what keeps us motivated and driven.
We move quickly. If you are a great match, we can cover the initial phone interviews, an on-site interview with me and a chat with the founders all within two weeks. I look forward to hearing from you!
Benjamin (Head of Product)