Working Student – Frontend Engineering (React Native)
To be considered for the role, please send your CV together with your motivation letter to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your full application that gives us an exact idea of what motivates you, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you relate to our core values.
We are looking for new frontend team members who can support us in creating the movie and TV show discovery experience of the future. Curiosity, drive and passion are the core ingredients we are looking for. We want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others.
We just finished revamping our TV apps using React Native and support AndroidTV, tvOS, Fire TV and we are about to expand to Tizen and webOS, while our microservice backend architecture is written in Go and runs on Kubernetes.
Curiosity, drive and passion are shared characteristics of all people at JustWatch and we are looking for these values in every person we are hiring. We only want people who are willing to constantly learn through challenging themselves and others. All of us also love to get things done and strongly believe in “done is better than perfect”.
In addition, for this particular role we are looking for:
- Understanding of Frontend Engineering and User Centred Development
- Experience with React Native
- Ideally some experience with TV Apps
- Willingness to constantly learn and improve
- You are a TV user
- Fluent English
- Crafting the frontend of the movie/tv discovery experience for TV devices
- Working in a cross-functional team
- Bug fixing and streamlining our internal processes
- Implementing A/B tests
- Working on one of the biggest movie/tv platforms worldwide with a passionate team
- Experienced founders with international track record and a world-class team in all areas
- A challenging environment with an open feedback culture and a strong focus on personal development
- A transparent company culture with fast decisions and turnarounds
We love challenging goals. We are questioning everything. We are always learning. And we are excellent in execution. We believe in the 80/20 rule and try to apply common sense and pragmatism to everything, so we are looking for people with business sense and a “no bullshit attitude”.
Sounds like you? Great, we’d like to meet you. Just send us a short mail that gives us an idea of what motivates you, your current favourite show or movie, why you want to work at JustWatch and how you think you will help us to achieve our goals. We are not interested in a perfect CV, or letters of recommendation. We just want to know who you are and who you want to become!
We are very much looking forward to meeting you.