Chief Storyteller // Climate Labs
What if we could actually do something about climate change? Immediately. Effectively. Collectively. That’s our vision: Make powerful, measurable climate action available to everyone – and then scale it up!
We are a team of serial entrepreneurs, with a track record of building category-defining products, backed by Berlin’s top early-stage funders. In 2020 we will launch our solution of empowering millions to act as one united force for the planet.
We’re right now looking for a tremendous writer, researcher, and editor to join us in bringing this vision to life and tell a story that has the power to change the world. If you care deeply about climate change, love boiling down complex (scientific) topics into memorable aha-moments, are able to motivate with inspiring and relatable content, and thrive to create value for your audiences, then this role is made for you! As Chief Storyteller and one of the first hires, this is your opportunity to join an award-winning team in the early stage of a new venture, shape an ambitious project as well as your own role in it, and grow both to a level of substantial impact for good.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Real social impact and global reach
- Quality-driven environment
- Top-of-the-line equipment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Free gym membership, metro ticket, and compensation of your personal CO2 footprint
- Flexible hours and a remote-friendly environment
- Become part of a creative, friendly and purpose-driven team
- These are the early days—your input will make a real difference!
Once here, you will
- Work directly with the CEO and CPO in shaping the voice of the brand
- Oversee all aspects of storytelling/content creation—spanning from product wording, to written articles, to video production, marketing creatives, and social media
- Work very hands-on as we start, and build your own team as we grow
- Research and author brand-defining content pieces that convey our vision in a compelling and authentic way
- Take on editorial oversight vis-a-vis authors and filmmakers to reliably create high quality written and visual storytelling
- Be the liaison to coordinate directly with external agencies on PR and influencer marketing campaigns
- Work in close collaboration with the product, performance marketing, and people teams to ensure an aligned content vision across key messages
What you will bring along
- Demonstrable track record in creating engaging written content, and the ability to break down complex ideas into simple and compelling narratives
- Category expertise in either popular science, aspirational lifestyle, or personal growth
- Deep, substantive understanding of all marketing channels and content formats
- 5+ years of experience in metrics-driven audience development
- (Editorial) leadership experience or other way to demonstrate you’re ready to lead
- Willingness to work in an extremely fast-paced and dynamic company environment
- You are calm and focused under pressure and re-orient quickly in changing environments
- You take complete ownership of your tasks from start to finish. When you don’t fully understand something, you take the opportunity to learn and grow
- Having worked in sustainability/climate change is a plus. Caring deeply for the environment is a must
- You consider work-life balance essential to long-term happiness and productivity
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
If you’re looking for an incredible opportunity, a great place to work, and a chance to make a difference, we’re excited to consider your application!