Content Marketing Lead
You will be part of a tech company revolutionising the production of photography at scale. We work with brands across Europe and provide them with the tools to simplify the production of professional visuals. Through our platform, businesses are able to instantly order a photoshoot across Europe and will receive their visuals within 48 hours.
We also provide the tools that our community of creatives needs to remove all potential roadblocks to them providing the best service possible. These include taking care of prospecting, booking, content hosting, post-production, invoicing, payments etc. Our mission is to disrupt the way visual content is created… and we’re just getting started!
To grow our marketing team, we are looking for a Content Marketing Lead based in Berlin, Germany.
This is a key position within our Marketing team where you will be at the helm of creating content that educates and engages our market. You will be responsible for generating compelling content ideas and leading the creation of that content. You\’ll lead the development and execution of a holistic content strategy to improve our thought leadership, business results, and presence in the market.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, your core responsibilities will include:
- Define and execute a content strategy focused on lead generation.
- Develop a consistent tone of voice for Backbone.
- Imagine and produce highly engaging content (Video, Written, Audio…)
- Write clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g. ads, blog posts, newsletters).
- Edit and proofread copy as needed.
- Build and manage a pool of freelancers (copywriters, translators, video makers/editors…).
- Support the Sales team for the production of AB marketing content.
- Use data to guide your content decisions and iterate based on engagement metrics.
- Being a key actor of our SEO efforts
- You bring 3-6+ years of professional experience as a content marketer, content strategist ideally in a B2B start-up/agency environment.
- Native German speaker, you also have a perfect command of english (C2) with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You are perfect for this job if you:
- Have experience creating content for B2B audiences across various mediums.
- Understand how content fuels inbound marketing and know SEO best practices.
- Can own our content marketing efforts and tie them into our growth goals.
- Are highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients’ products or services.
- Know how to analyse and act on data that supports your content marketing decisions.
- Are skilled in writing interesting, clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
- Are detail-oriented, and will never be satisfied with an average piece of content.
- Love building brand presence on social media and other digital communities.
- Are disciplined in your approach to daily activity planning and goal setting.
- Have demonstrated experience and/or passion for creating compelling stories from data-driven insights.
- Place quality over quantity.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Video editing skills (a strong plus).
- Have an understanding of the Real Estate Industry (a plus).
You are comfortable living and working in accordance with Backbone’s values of respect, passion, innovation and customer-centricity.
To be a good fit in our team, you are also:
- Ambitious: Energetic profiles willing to tackle a new challenge in a highly stimulating environment, with a high level of autonomy.
- A Doer: You like to try new things and have ideas to challenge the status quo; you are not afraid of mistakes and roll up your sleeves to make things happen.
- A Team player: You like to spend time with your colleagues, share your knowledge and go one step further to achieve the team goal.
Why join Backbone:
- The chance to work for an exciting tech start-up growing rapidly across Europe and backed by leading European VCs. Backbone has been elected amongst the top 500 start-ups in the world by Web Summit.
- Be part of a unique adventure to disrupt an industry and contribute to the evolution of the way visual content is produced.
- Work in an inclusive environment with great personal career opportunities.
- Remote flexible position with opportunities to travel when regulations allow it.
Backbone provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Step 1 : 45’ minutes interview with Matthieu (Head of Marketing)
Step 2 : Copywriting Exercise (EN) + 15’ minutes debrief with Matthieu (Head of Marketing)
Step 3 : 45’ minutes interview with Dorian (Co-founder and CEO)
Step 4 : 1 – 2 reference call(s)
Job type: Full-Time, competitive salary with a portion of variable and stock option plan
Language: English and German are mandatory, any other European language is a real plus.