Data Scientist – Machine Learning (m/f/d) // HomeToGo
Who we are
HomeToGo is the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, helping millions of users around the world book their dream vacation in over 200 countries. Behind our product, is a talented team of 150+ dedicated to helping people find the perfect vacation rental, whether a cozy cabin in Colorado or a dog-friendly beach house in Ibiza. Driven by our innovative and open culture, our international team brings together our passion for travel and technology to change the way people book vacations.
Ranked by Gründerszene magazine as Germany’s fastest growing start-up, we’re now searching for the best and brightest talents to join us on our journey.
We are looking for a Data Scientist – Machine Learning (m/f/d) to support our Performance Marketing team.
Our Performance Marketing team attracts millions of users through multi-channel online marketing campaigns across search engines, social media and Display advertising. They run tests, collect findings and identify user trends and insights to continually hit our ROI goals whilst maximizing revenues. In this position, you will leverage our vast BI data infrastructure to create pricing and bidding models that will improve our marketing campaign performance and drive top- and bottom-line results. In addition, you will improve our forecasting capabilities, and improve budget planning.
In this role, you will
- Use machine learning to build and implement bidding models for our performance marketing campaigns.
- Implement improved user segmentation, funnel optimization and campaign targeting.
- Explore large datasets, build data-driven narratives and present conclusions.
- Be responsible for product and process optimization projects with real impact on the company’s bottom line.
- Align with multiple internal partners across product, business intelligence, finance and business development teams.
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role as a Data Scientist. Previous exposure to performance marketing (e.g. search engine marketing) is a strong plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an exceptional ability to translate complex data into insights and a compelling narrative.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across and at all levels of the organization.
- Hands-on working style with the capacity to deliver strong results and to impact business decisions in a dynamic environment.
- Fluent in R or Python, familiar with statistical libraries and a proven ability to build and optimize machine learning models.
- Knowledgeable in A/B testing and causal inference.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, SQL, as well as data visualization tools such as QlikView, Tableau, etc.
What we offer
- Attractive salaries.
- Regular feedback and development via 1:1 meetings, 360 feedback, and performance reviews.
- A diverse team of more than 26 different nationalities.
- In-house English and German courses.
- A growing library and employee-led workshops.
- A beautiful converted industrial office space in Berlin Moabit with a rooftop terrace.
- A choice of Windows or Mac, adjustable standing desks, free fruit, weekly yoga classes, and company breakfasts.
- Frequent company and team events, Beer Fridays, lunch roulettes, and regular charity initiatives.
If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for, send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this position and we’ll be in touch shortly!