Demand Generation Lead
Have you ever wanted to be a part of empowering finance teams, generating financial insights and helping scale up businesses sustainably? That’s CANDIS! No one person is in the spotlight. Everyone is contributing, playing together in harmony and making sure no one misses a tune.
Why move? What makes this role special?
In contrast to more traditional marketing setups, here at CANDIS we use a more flexible approach. We have two expert teams, one focused on demand generation and one focused on demand capture. Let’s talk about the former: in demand generation it is all about trying out new initiatives, experimenting with different channels, and testing diverse ways of communication. You will have direct access to Sales, with the opportunity to join live customer demos and gain insights into the market.
What’s the challenge?
We are a VC-funded company with high growth expectations. Digitizing finance processes is not the top priority for most companies, making generating demand in this challenging market a multifaceted and highly diverse creative challenge. We are eager to find someone who will hit the ground running and help steer us in the right direction to grow our brand and propel our product! Are you ready to make it happen?
What will you do?
You will be at the core of the business, creating and building unique impactful nurture programs, and enabling improved conversion rates from leads to opportunities. Additionally, you will develop a strong focus on our brand as well as on the domain of process digitization by analyzing customer market trends. Your work will have a significant impact on the success of the company by turning CANDIS into a brand businesses know and love!
What makes this a great role?
Being part of the Demand Generation team will allow you the freedom to optimize growth-generating activities. You will be at the forefront of our next level accounting brand and speaking about our vision of a modern finance structure. The skills you bring to this role will allow you to make meaningful investments in our brand vision and help us to reach our growth goals!
Why work at CANDIS?
We have one target… to grow our net revenue! Everybody in the team has the same vision. We do not have strict KPIs and lead targets, but in fact we have dedicated individuals who want to turn CANDIS into something great and working collaboratively is the key to achieving this. We have a compelling vision, and we need your help to turn it into a winning demand generation strategy!
How will you thrive in this role?
- You take a holistic approach and understand that every part of the company can be a lever for generating demand.
- You are driven to understand how our customer thinks, who our buyers are, who our users are, and what they want to achieve.
- You’re curious and inquisitive by nature, and your M.O. is to gather data, assess, then act decisively.
- You are always aware of what’s happening in the market, informed about customer views and challenges, and able to give insight into the customer’s mindset.
What will equip you best?
- A proven track record of generating demand within a challenging or limited market (i.e. figuring how to generate demand in a niche market, working successfully under time pressure to build brand awareness).
- Alignment with our vision of demand generation. We need an intuitive mind to lead CANDIS awareness.
- Ability to talk to customers, run your own research, and conduct interviews. We need someone who is interested in seeking out first-hand quantitative and qualitative data (i.e. talking to customers and listening to demos).
- Strength to push back when you believe we are doing something the wrong way. Coming into a company where things have grown over time requires a humble approach to suggest alternatives. We want you to shape our vision and help us to grow!
- Fluent knowledge of both German and English in order to interview and educate our mainly German-speaking customers and international English-speaking team.
For all of you overachievers out there, here are the factors that will push your application over the edge (but are not fixed requirements):
- Expert copywriting/storytelling/messaging skills.
- Experience shaping a narrative and developing it over time (i.e. category marketing experience).
- Data analytics background (you’re able to play around with and analyze dashboards).
- Knowledge of the bookkeeping and/or finance domain.
- You have worked on one brand for 2+ years.
- You are based in, or willing to relocate to Berlin.
Enough about the role…why CANDIS?
We live by one simple phrase: YES WE CANDIS!
- YES: Positive Thinking & Persistence – “Optimists find solutions, pessimists find problems.” And we know: there is always a solution.
- WE: Collaboration & Humanity – The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We act as a company, but respect each person. We are empathetic and humble.
- CAN: Learning & Improving – “Try. Learn. Improve.” We accept that we do not know everything and act fast to become better.
- DIS: Focus & Ownership – We execute with clear focus and make sure that tasks are delivered.
We are a fintech scale-up working in an area ripe for disruption: accounting and bookkeeping. CANDIS helps companies regain control over their accounts payable process (think: collecting invoices, data entry, pre-account assignment, and payments). By providing a well-designed and intuitive app, we strive to make working lives better–not just for accountants, but for every employee.
Today we are a 110+ member team, from various nationalities, sitting in our Berlin or Bamberg HQ – and quite a few full-time remotes! Being headquartered out of Germany means we’re inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. We have beautiful offices, but we can also support you in setting up the perfect remote working space at home!
Lastly, we know that “perfect” candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of the above applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you! Feel free to contact us via email, LinkedIn message, or send a pigeon our way. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! :)