Event Manager // Parity Technologies
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and the future Web—one that respects the freedom and data of individuals—and helps empower developers to create better services through decentralized technologies. We are currently undergoing huge growth and are seeking an Events Coordinator to add to our team
Building the best cutting edge, open-source blockchain software is not enough… people need to know about it! The Event Coordinator creates opportunities for people to learn about our tech through in-person and online events.
- Organize online and in-person meetups, including: planning the program, booking venues and speakers, coordinating catering and travel, and managing setup/breakdown
- Coordinate speaker requests, sponsorships, and drive event attendance
- Research events and create quarterly proposals for upcoming events to attend
- Create and maintain event calendar and events metrics report
- Create, execute, and report on strategies to improve events
- Coordinate event merchandise and marketing materials
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience in event coordination
- Ability to manage concurrent projects
- Interest in blockchain technology and the decentralized web
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive and resourceful and independently drive results in a small team
- Ability to plan events from the perspective of our developer audience
- Fluent in German or Chinese
- Startup experience or other experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: the building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal
- Because we value initiative and learning, we\’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what\’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats
To apply to this position, we ask you to answer a few questions in the application form. This helps us get a better feeling for your knowledge about this space and expedite the hiring process on our end. For the most part, there is no hard ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ to those questions so please give extensive explanations with your answers. Please add a paragraph telling us a little bit about yourself in a cover letter.