(Freelance/Part-time) Country Marketing Manager – Japan // Tandem
(Freelance/Part-time) Country Marketing Manager – Japan
Tandem is the leading global language learning community. Our mission is to empower everyone, everywhere to master any language.
The Tandem app has been named one of Google Play’s “Best Apps of 2017” and Apple’s “Best Apps of 2015.” It has been downloaded more than 7 million times, with members in over 200 countries. We are a highly international and very experienced team, based in Berlin and backed by top European investors.
As Country Marketing Manager – Japan, you will strengthen Tandem’s localization team and assist in building out Tandem’s marketing, SEO, and ASO strategies in Japan. Please note this is a freelance/part-time position.
Your role will be to:
- Research SEO keywords and create content based on those keywords for the Tandem website and blog.
- Analyze website data to identify trends in the local market and execute a keyword optimization strategy based on these trends.
- Manage the Japanese App Store and Google Play Store pages and implement the latest trends in ASO.
- Localize and translate in-app texts, push notifications, emails, and website content.
- Create engaging social media posts for our Japanese social channels.
- Collaborate with Tandem’s growth team to implement promotional campaigns in the Japanese market.
You are the right fit for the role if:
- You have proven ASO, SEO, and Google Analytics experience and are up-to-date with best practices in these areas.
- You’re an excellent communicator with strong writing skills.
- You’re creative and full of ideas about motivating people to learn languages.
- You’re native in Japanese and fluent in English. Other languages are a plus.
- You’re available for approx. 20 hours per week.
It would be a plus if:
- You have prior experience working in the Japanese market.
- You’re familiar with SEMrush, Contentful, and LingoHub.
- You’re based in Berlin and are available for meetings at Tandem HQ.
- You have prior experience working for a mobile app in the EdTech space.
- The chance to join a friendly, highly experienced and exceptionally talented team early on
- Competitive remuneration
- An inspiring office at Rosenthaler Platz, in one of Berlin’s Startup hotspots
- German lessons in office and free access to our language tutors on Tandem
- Free choice of your IT setup
- Relocation assistance
- Team lunches, excursions, drinks, great coffee, office snacks, board games etc.
- You’ll probably learn how to say “Hi” in 20 more languages