Growth Manager / Director of Growth
We are Apheris, a deep tech company at the forefront of the AI revolution that is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent how organizations collaborate and extract value from data.
The Apheris Platform sets out to empower organizations to securely analyze distributed data of multiple parties, while keeping proprietary information private. Our platform allows multiple organizations with complementary data to create an Apheris Data Ecosystem and generate shared value from their data. We have set up such Data Ecosystems for large enterprise customers in healthcare, pharma and chemical R&D, and we are ready for the next big challenges.
Our company is a community of interdisciplinary and industry-leading researchers and engineers. As a team, we work to solve complex problems in order to revolutionize the ways that our customers can interact with data. We are driven by our high-impact values and strive for the impossible. Together, we aim to create a whole that is far more than the sum of its parts. We take pride in Apheris’ supportive environment and share responsibilities and ownership. We are proactive thinkers, are hungry to learn and stay humble as we grow.
We are backed by top investors and tech industry innovators, including LocalGlobe, MuleSoft founder Ross Mason and Twitter board chairman Patrick Pichette (former CFO of Google) and we work closely with Fortune 500 customers to develop our globally leading enterprise Apheris Platform for federated and privacy preserving data science. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recruiting for ambitious and adventurous team members to help us build a better future for data.
About the role
As Apheris’ first Growth hire, you will take full ownership of the demand generation process and for defining and executing a multichannel growth strategy that goes beyond impressions and clicks to drive conversions and qualified leads for our Sales team.
Working closely with Sales, Product and Content Marketing, you’ll be a key member of the team in the orchestration of lead-generation campaigns and strategies to support new customer acquisition and deliver against key revenue targets to fuel Apheris’ future growth.
You’ll be responsible for optimizing conversions at each stage of the Marketing and Sales funnel via targeted campaigns that increase awareness and demand from our key buyer personas (Data Science managers, Chief Data Office, Chief Digital Office, Head of AI) and target customers at each stage of their buying journey. You’ll get our brand in front of both technical and executive audiences, promoting Apheris in a way that resonates and creates excitement among prospects to engage.
This is a fast-paced and hands-on role, requiring both the ability to think and plan strategically across multiple teams and stakeholders, while also executing on campaigns, testing ideas and channels, gathering learnings, and iterating on new and existing campaigns. The ability to experiment and measure impact quickly are critical. Excellent operational skills and the ability to share learning with colleagues are required in order to continuously improve our messaging, Sales process and outreach.
Ultimately, the Growth Manager / Director role will be key to finding our product-market and go-to-market fit, helping us pinpoint the precise targeting and messaging that drive qualified leads – and eliminate those that don’t. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get into the operational detail!
What you will do
- Identify marketing channels, solutions and ideas that will efficiently drive new customers to the Apheris brand and increase revenue.
- Build, execute, and optimize multichannel demand generation campaigns to deliver quality Sales pipeline in the form of qualified leads and meetings
- Score and organize our leads based on their value and the likelihood of their converting into a valuable customer, ensuring you are handing over the best possible, qualified lead to the sales team
- Manage spends and campaigns across Google Ads, LinkedIn Campaign Manager and other channels including SEO
- Measure, analyze, and report campaign performance and contribution to the sales pipeline & conversion
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer buying journey to improve conversions at each stage via targeted campaigns (including email nurture campaigns)
- Work closely with Product, Marketing and Sales teams to feedback learnings into our go-to-market strategy, ideal customer profiles and personas, and core messaging
- Support the Marketing team with the creation of persona-specific content that reaches our prospects at the right part of the customer journey
You should apply if
- You’re a data-savvy Growth Marketer with 5+ years of growth & demand gen or related experience
- You’re hands-on, highly structured and process-oriented with very strong project, campaign and stakeholder management skills
- You have a strong track record of planning, executing and optimizing targeted campaigns for tech companies and solutions
- You thrive in and have experience of fast-paced Start-up environments
- You have a strong interest in data science and artificial intelligence
- You’re comfortable using HubSpot, Google Ads, SEO and other relevant tools and skills, and have experience of working with marketing analytics (i.e Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio) to deliver data-driven insights and strategies
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You’re based in Berlin (option to work partly remote)
Bonus points if
- Fluent in German (B2+)
If you do not match 100% of the above requirements, but you think you fit this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value the right people and search based on your personality, potential and motivation to learn and grow. Together we can adapt the role in a way that is meant for you!
What we offer you
- Plenty of room to grow personally and professionally and shape your own role
- A fun and diverse team of smart and driven people
- Industry-competitive compensation
- Access to an employee participation program
- Personal budget for conferences, books, trainings and courses
- The right hardware to make you efficient – be it a laptop with Linux, Windows or a MacBook
- Regular team lunches and social events
- Daily fresh fruit, drinks, coffee (and an occasional beer)
- Inspiring office space in the heart of Berlin directly at the river (Paul Lincke Ufer)
- Possibility to work partly remote
Our interview process is split into three phases:
- Initial Screening: If your application matches our requirements, we invite you to an initial video call to explore the fit. In this 30-45 minutes interview, you will get to know us and the role. The interviewer will be interested in your relevant experiences and skills as well as answer any question on the company and the role itself that you may have.
- Deep Dive: In this phase, a domain expert from our team will assess your skills and knowledge required for the role by asking you about meaningful experiences or your solutions for specific scenarios in line with the role we are staffing.
- Final Interview: Finally, we invite you to our office for up to three hours of targeted sessions with our founders, talking about our culture and meeting future co-workers on the ground.
We are inspired by complexity and driven by impact – apply now and join a team that is set to build the next large tech company!