Growth Marketing Expert
You will be part of a tech company revolutionising the production of photography at scale. We work with brands across Europe and provide the tools to simplify the production of professional visuals. Through our platform, businesses are able to instantly order a photoshoot across Europe and will receive their visuals within 48 hours.
We also provide the tools that our community of creatives needs to remove all potential roadblocks to them providing the best service possible. These include taking care of prospecting, booking, content hosting, post-production, invoicing, payments etc. Our mission is to disrupt the way visual content is created… and we’re just getting started!
To grow our marketing team, we are looking for a Growth Marketing Expert based in Berlin, Germany.
This is a key position within our Marketing team where you will take overall ownership of our inbound channels and growth initiatives. You will generate a high volume of quality leads for the sales team and grow awareness of our brand. Your main focus? Marketing performance.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, your core responsibilities will include:
- Launch and monitor paid acquisition and Intent-based marketing campaigns,
- Build ads, and launch new channels from scratch (targeting, creative, tracking, reporting),
- Implementation of various growth hacking initiatives in a “test and learn” model to generate more growth,
- Run A/B tests on landings pages and ads to consistently improve conversion rate across channels,
- Being the owner of our ad tracking plan: you need to be comfortable implementing, testing, and improving on the tracking setup,
- Build reporting dashboards addressing common SaaS attribution issues,
- Improve main KPIs on a recurring basis (ads CTR, CPL, CPA, number of leads and customers generated, number of qualified demos booked by the Sales Team),
- Exploring new channels, performing competitive intelligence, and suggesting new ideas and bold moves!
- Manage our external agency.
You bring 5+ years of professional experience as a Performance marketing expert , Growth marketer or a Digital marketing manager ideally in a B2B scale-up / agency environment.
You are perfect for this job if you:
- Have a proven track of success creating and executing demand generation campaigns in a fast-paced environment, preferably at a high-growth technology company,
- Have extensive experience managing the top inbound channels (Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Facebook/Instagram ads…) and building the perfect channel mix. (certification is a plus),
- Have Advanced level of Google Analytics, Hotjar and Tag Manager (certification is a plus), BI tools, SQL, Excel / Google Sheets/ Google Data Studio,
- Have experience with our Marketing/IT tools (Pipedrive, Zapier, ActiveCampaign…) and you are always eager to find new tools,
- Have a good understanding of financials (admin/accounting/management of budgets & reporting),
- Are disciplined in your approach to daily activity planning and goal setting,
- Have experience managing external agencies.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment,
- Have excellent writing skills in English (C1+) is mandatory, any other European language (mainly DE, DU, ES, IT) is a real plus,
- Have an understanding of the Real Estate Industry (a plus)
You are comfortable living and working in accordance with Backbone’s values of respect, passion, innovation and customer-centricity.
To be a good fit in our team, you are also:
- Ambitious: Energetic profiles willing to tackle a new challenge in a highly stimulating environment, with a high level of autonomy.
- A Doer: You like to try new things and have ideas to challenge the status quo; you are not afraid of mistakes and roll up your sleeves to make things happen.
- A Team player: You like to spend time with your colleagues, share your knowledge and go one step further to achieve the team goal.
Why join Backbone:
- The chance to work for an exciting tech start-up growing rapidly across Europe and backed by leading European VCs. Backbone has been elected amongst the top 500 start-ups in the world by Web Summit.
- Be part of a unique adventure to disrupt an industry and contribute to the evolution of the way visual content is produced.
- Work in an inclusive environment with great personal career opportunities.
- Remote flexible position with opportunities to travel when regulations allow it.
Backbone provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Step 1 : 45’ minutes interview with Matthieu (Head of Marketing)
Step 2 : 45’ minutes case Study with Matthieu (Head of Marketing)
Step 3 : 45’ minutes interview with Dorian (Co-founder and CEO)
Step 4 : 1 – 2 reference call(s)
Job Type: Full-Time, competitive salary with a portion of variable and stock option planLanguage:
English is mandatory, any other European language (C1 or C2) is a real plus.